PDA

View Full Version : nCode 90: Loss of string tension = Decrease in pop/power AND loss of control/spin?

TalkingTennis91
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Anyone experienced what I mentioned in the title?

Not just with this racquet, but in general?

After having experienced this, I switched to a freshly strung beauty, and todo estaba bien.

All was well =]

Tour 90
04-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmm, when mine lose tension, they have more pop, less control and less spin.

ibringtheHEAT
04-12-2007, 03:54 PM
ever think it might be the string not the racquet.

dylo
04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
its the string not the racquet. if the string tensio drops, power isincreased but only to a certain extent

Bubba
04-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Racquets don't loose tension... strings do. What's your setup? If you are using a poly - either in full or just mains then you will experience tension loss. Tension loss = lower string tension = lower control and increased power.

So... what's your setup? How often do you re-string?

[ GTR ]
04-13-2007, 05:13 AM
I use full poly and I feel a little increase in power. The strings feel mushy. Loss of crispness, feel, spin.

TalkingTennis91
04-13-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm afraid I may have caused a bit of a misunderstanding.

I wasn't saying it was the racquet, I just mentioned the type of racquet for kicks and giggles.

I know it was the strings, but I was asking if people felt a loss of crispness. That's all.

Sorry about that.

Bubba
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
You will definitely lose tension with the poly... Luxilon ALU is a great string but it loses its initial tension rather quickly. I was using ALU Rough in Mains and NXT Tour in crosses... have switched to Pro Hurricane Tour in mains as it holds a bit better than the ALU.

Bottom line, all poly's will lose tension. If you need the feel to remain constant and hold the control that you are looking for then you need to restring more often. Additionally, if you string yourself you can try to prestretch the poly. Helps a bit, but not much.

Personally, I get about 3-4 sets before I notice the loss... after about 6 sets I cut it out.

fgs
04-13-2007, 02:46 PM
talkingtennis91,
that's the typical behaviour of poly i would say - you lose tension and you lose elasticity after a few hours of play, therefore you will have less power and less control and less spin as well.
either you restring more often or you go with another stringtype that keeps it's elasticity until it breaks (multis or natural gut).