PDA

View Full Version : X-box or ps2

jediknightdan
09-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Which one should i get

PusherMan
09-14-2004, 09:02 AM
X-box, no question. Much more sophisticated machine and you get to play Top Spin. The best tennis game by some margin, IMO.

AAAA
09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
It's about software, software and software. Assuming you are buying a console to play games the one offering the best games could be a deciding factor. Both companies are coy about giving sales figures but PS2 according to independent reports is outselling X-Box world-wide.

mosquito
09-14-2004, 02:21 PM
but with a ps2 you can watch dvds if you dont got a dvd player

skuludo
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
If your into Japanese animation then I would suggest PS2 as I see loads of those types of games for the PS2. Xbox just doesn't seem to have a lot of those types of games compared to the PS2.
If your into the Final Fantasy series then you should get the PS2.

Also some game developers don't really know how to use the full potential of the PS2. Some simply don't want to make the effort to learn the language, so they move on to the Xbox which appears to be easier to program.

I guess if you enjoy online gaming and first person shooters then you should go for the Xbox.

soulincontrol
09-14-2004, 04:03 PM
xbox for sports games, way better graphics and detail. ps2 does have more games, but ps2 is on outdated technology.

skuludo
09-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Sure PS2 is on outdated technology, but its definitly winning in sales. The games for the system is definitly the deciding factor. Xbox may have more potential for better graphics, but the graphics in PS2 isn't that bad. If a company utilizes the PS2 properly decent quality graphics can be produced. Most companys probly only using maybe 30% of the PS2's potential. I don't remember the exact figure. I got this information off a British News Paper. Don't remember the name of the paper.

Main reason for low quality PS2 graphics is Sony doesn't have any info on how to unleash the PS2. Some of their important information is in Japanese so most english programmers can't read it.

This means a PS2 game may have better grpahics then a poorly made Xbox game. In conclusion, there probly isn't going to be a game made by an American game company that will fully unlock what the PS2 is capable of doing.

strife726
09-15-2004, 10:30 AM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=51062029&cdi=0

jediknightdan
09-16-2004, 06:45 AM
its not about the technology its about the intrest.
xbox has games like halo and other great graphic games.
but ps2 has a history of games like final fantasy,gta vice,and many others. so it all depends on what you like

PusherMan
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Dude, it sounds to me like you don't need any help making a choice.

The best answer, of course, is to get both. If one cannot do that, then I just don't see the point in choosing inferior technology. Both have excellent games of every genre, so I don't see that as a selling point. And of course the PS2 has outsold X-box. It's an older system, for one. Secondly, it's Sony. When they wanna sell something, you better believe it's gonna sell.

I have both systems, so there isn't any bias here. My X-box gets much more play than my PS2. Online play with X-box live can't be beat.

TripleB
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
DREAMCAST :D

TripleB

jediknightdan
09-17-2004, 06:23 AM
now thats a cool system

chad shaver
09-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Mine was fried by lightning last year.

Jayzzz
09-17-2004, 08:00 AM
X-box all the way.

Baseline Basher
09-20-2004, 04:41 PM
XBox, no question. PS2's are cool, but I own an XBox, and I never considered another console. Xbox gives you Top SPin, the best tennis, nay, sports game ever. And, the greatest game in the history of history, Halo, is for Xbox, not PS2! I bought my Xbox so I could play Halo. I discovered Top Spin later. What could be better than shooting exploding needles at squealing little aliens or smacking 'em in the back with an assault rifle. Then, when that gets boring, (read, never) you can switch to Top Spin and hit your opposing net person in the face with an overhead in doubles. (Or 4-way Kournikova doubles match)
Plus, how can you deny the awesome power that is November 9th? PLASMA SWORDS! *snarl*