PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre T-Fight 335 v. Fischer Pro No. 1

Craig Sheppard
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey, can anyone who has used both of these sticks compare them? Other than a general comparison, here are some specifics I'm looking for: Which do you think volleyed better? Any difference in spin? How about maneuverability, did one swing noticeably lighter than the other?

EDIT: BTW... I'm only interested in the 16x20 version of the TF335. Thanks all.

Craig Sheppard
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow no love for the TF335 or FP1?

fuzz nation
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Sorry, haven't tried a TFight yet, but I'm curious to see a response, too. That Fischer is a gem and the numbers on the 335 are right around the same neighborhood.

stormholloway
04-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd like to know which is better on serve.

nyc
04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Can't speak for the Fischer, but the TF 335 is awesome all around and has lots of love on these boards.

stormholloway
04-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I can't hit a flat bomb for the life of me with the Fischer. Amazing how much the racquet means on that shot.

dcheung
04-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey, can anyone who has used both of these sticks compare them? Other than a general comparison, here are some specifics I'm looking for: Which do you think volleyed better? Any difference in spin? How about maneuverability, did one swing noticeably lighter than the other?

EDIT: BTW... I'm only interested in the 16x20 version of the TF335. Thanks all.

I just tried out the 16x20 version last night, strung with gut main/alu cross at 52/50lbs. My reference would be the Silver/Red 330g version of Pro 1, I did play with the later and lighter versions which I didn't care for. I put a leather grip on the 335 and that's 5g more to the synthetic origin. With string, dampener & overgrip it weighed 366g, it still swing very light, though can't cehck the swing weight but definitely lighter than the Pro 1 (even both in stock form).

After the first set I have to put lead at 3/9 & 6 to increase the SW and felt better. Though weighted to 370g but not noticablely heavy feel or too exhausting after 2 hrs play.

Spinwise the 335 is the winner but volley I like the Pro 1 better. I think the tension can go up to the recommended maximum of 57lbs for more control.
Hope this helps.

TonyB
04-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Craig, I had been using the TF335 (16x20) since last year and just recently switched to the M-Speed. I don't have much time to discuss the two racquets at the moment, but here's a brief comparison:

TF335 - Solid, solid, solid. Fairly muted frame, but has a decent amount of pop. Great spin generation, but you have to be in good shape if you want to punish the ball throughout an entire match without having it sail long as you get tired. Good control, great volleys. The frame is incredibly stable during volleys, probably one of the best racquets I've used at the net. Serves are also solid, but I found the frame a bit too heavy to get it around to produce top-quality serves. I found it a bit tough to get any good topspin serves on a consistent basis.

M-Speed - Comfy, flexible, but not overly so. Better at producing spin than the TF, but I assume that's probably due to its slightly lighter static weight and balance. Power seems lower than the TF335, enough to be noticeable. I'm still working on trying to get a string and tension that suits my game, but so far it seems that the frame wants to have a very soft, powerful string to bring out the best feel and comfort.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the TF335, but since my shoulder injury, I've decided to make the move to a more arm-friendly frame that's a bit lighter and easier to swing. I was playing some of my best tennis with the TF335 before my injury. But as I said, thoughout an entire match, I could feel myself getting a bit tired and couldn't stroke the ball like I normally would. Also, the feel was noticeably more muted than the M-Speed, so if you're a touch player or want more feedback from your frame, then maybe the M-Speed is more suitable.

They're not very similar at all, quite frankly. Your best bet is to just try them both out. I'm not sure what the last poster was talking about when he said the TF swings "definitely lighter than the Pro 1". It doesn't. It's heavier, and it swings heavier. Not that it's a bad thing, but it depends on what you're looking for. And I also found the exact opposite to be true when the last poster said, "Spinwise the 335 is the winner, but volley I like the Pro 1 better." My experience is exactly the opposite.

0d1n
04-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Craig, I had been using the TF335 (16x20) since last year and just recently switched to the M-Speed. .....

I'm not sure what the last poster was talking about when he said the TF swings "definitely lighter than the Pro 1". It doesn't. It's heavier, and it swings heavier. Not that it's a bad thing, but it depends on what you're looking for. And I also found the exact opposite to be true when the last poster said, "Spinwise the 335 is the winner, but volley I like the Pro 1 better." My experience is exactly the opposite.

He was talking about the Red/Silver 330 g unstrung Pro no 1 (2001 or 2002 ? paintjob). That's 3 generations older than the M-Speed, and apparently the newer versions (black/white/red, black/red, and M-Speed) are swinging lighter than the one he's talking about. This might be why your experiences are so different.

gn8
04-14-2007, 07:37 AM
I tried both Racquets and chose the 335. The 18x20 version.
It definitely felt and played heavier than the Fischer.
But that gave it added stability as has been mentioned.
It is the best racquet I've ever used for blocking back hard serves or volleying.
Absolutely solid as a rock. And the MP size head suits me well.
The M-Speed felt really smooth and light to me. I can't believe it's 12 oz.
It didnt feel it. It was a very comfortable racquet, but left me wanting more.
So I kept demoing, until I found the TF 335. End of story.

yrt
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I have both demos (tfight 335 16x20; fischer pro n1) from tw for the last couple of days. I currently play w/ fxp prestige mp so I'll use that as a reference if that helps.

Like some of the posters already indicated, the tfight is a heftier racket right when you pick it up. It's 12.6 on my scale vs 12.0 on the n1 (and 12.4 on my fxp). Tfight I think plays lighter then my fxp in general. It's better for volley imo. It's quicker then fxp on the net, stable on ball impact, and easy to swing on overheads. For serve as well, I think tfight is a bit better (more spin generation, but not as much power of flat serves as compared to fxp). I felt I get more accurate serves. On groundstrokes, fxp swings heavier and generate more ball "juice". I expect the tfight to do more to the ball. It's 16x20 so I expect more spin potential but for a mostly flat hitters like me, I can't honestly say I find more spin on the tfight. I am also a bit perplexed on the weight. For hitting with such heavy rackets, I'd like the racket to do more on the ball but my hitting partners clearly indicated that the fxp pushes him more.

The n1 on the other hand is just such an "easy" racket to hit the ball with. I don't know what it is exactly but it's a racket that can get your "defensive" game up a notch. I mean I don't think you can push your opponent around with this but you can certainly get better direction, better spin and better angle shots. I feel the need to swing harder because of the weight of the racket (I think on its own, it's not doing anything for you). The racket also has a poly hybrid on it so perhaps w/ appropriate string, I would be able to get more juice on the ball. If you play with more spin, I think this racket edges both the tfight and fxp a bit. If your style is aggresive all court, or serve and volley, I feel you need to add led for more stability and to get an increase in swing weight. I can't hit flat serves well with this. The racket is 12 oz but very mobile. It's a joy on the net.

So I've played for about 3 hours with all three rackets yesterday. I'd like to spend a bit more time tomorrow. Overall, the tfight isn't making me change from fxp. It's a good racket but I don't so far consider it an improvement over fxp. For the weight, I expect more because both rackets get me tired the same way :-( but the fxp seems to suit more for my style. If you're a spin doctor, maybe this is better then the fxp.

The n1 is intriguing. I wish it carry a bit more weight for stability and swingweight. At the moment, I'm keeping the n1 a tiny bit above the both rackets. I think a tape job can do wonder.

I'm reading the thread on that Yonex rds002 tour racket however ...