PDA

View Full Version : New K-Zen is just a repainted n6 Two or nBlade.

VikingSamurai
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Just saw one in my local sports authority here in Japan. And as far as I am concerned. Put next to the n6 Two, or nBlade, this new K-Zen is just the same frame..

The black parts of the paintwork looks good as it is painted like a faded braid.. But the section on the neck was designed more for the squarer k-90, but looks just strange on this thing..

The K-90 might be a re-tooled stick, but the K-Zen and its family are just repainted ncodes..

SFrazeur
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Have you hit with the [K] ZEN, and it's family? Unless you have it's just speculation on your part. That said, I believe you to be closer to right than wrong.

VikingSamurai
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Have you hit with the [K] ZEN, and it's family? Unless you have it's just speculation on your part. That said, I believe you to be closer to right than wrong.

Dont believe I wrote in my opening remarks that I hit with it. So before you get too carried away, I made simply a visual point. Nothing more.

Kinda makes sense to just repaint old stock and re-market it.. Same dog, different leg action.. The only reason people will find a difference in these racquets, is because they want to.

I was happy to defend Wilson regarding the K-90, but to tell me that these latest frames arent just repainted is silly. Considering you have the exact same frames still sitting on the shelves with the nCode paintjob, its kinda hard not to make the comparison....

Oh, and I still love the K-90.. But it just sits on my wall now..

VikingSamurai
04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Just went to the Japanese Wilson site and compared racquets..I am convinced that the K-Zen is a repaint of the n2 110, and not the n6 two or nBlade like I originally mentioned..

SFrazeur
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I knew what the answer was to the question was when I ask it, which is why I asked it. I made a point with it. Just looking at two frames is not an accurate way to determine if two racquets are identical besides the paint job. Wilson most often uses the same mold over and over again.

The 6.1 Prostaff, HPS 6.1, nCode 6.1 95, K6.1 95, are all from the same kind of mold. The consensus is that each one is different. Take Yonex as an example as well, RDS 001 MID/MP, and the RDX 500 MID/MP both head sizes of each model are from the same kind of mold, but are different. Once again, I believe you to be closer to right than wrong.

VikingSamurai
04-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I knew what the answer was to the question was when I ask it, which is why I asked it. I made a point with it. Just looking at two frames is not an accurate way to determine if two racquets are identical besides the paint job. Wilson most often uses the same mold over and over again.

The 6.1 Prostaff, HPS 6.1, nCode 6.1 95, K6.1 95, are all from the same kind of mold. The consensus is that each one is different. Take Yonex as an example as well, RDS 001 MID/MP, and the RDX 500 MID/MP both head sizes of each model are from the same kind of mold, but are different. Once again, I believe you to be closer to right than wrong.

Well you arent really telling me something that I dont know. And so why it makes my thinking all the more stronger regarding a paint job on the newer series..

dylo
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
probably the same molds but different material compositio

ollinger
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
So the 103 Zen and a 110 are from the same mold? That seems odd. By saying one is a paintjob of the other, you inferring that all of the specs are identical. Is that the case? I don't believe so.

VikingSamurai
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok, before everyone goes all argumentative on me here.. All I said was that by looking at them, that they are just a repaint. I have not hit with it, nor did I look at specs.

What I did say, is that it would make sence to repaint old sticks, and re-market it as something else. And so I wouldnt be surprised if they did!

ollinger
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, and all I said, more or less, was that what you said makes NO SENSE AT ALL since the specs of the racquets in question are quite different, so why do you believe they only differ in paint. It's strange when someone on the forum tries to be iconoclastic and then whimpers when people disagree with him.

KennyNguyen
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
this thread is cool and makes me love life. :)

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Yes, and all I said, more or less, was that what you said makes NO SENSE AT ALL since the specs of the racquets in question are quite different, so why do you believe they only differ in paint. It's strange when someone on the forum tries to be iconoclastic and then whimpers when people disagree with him.

Huh?..

I think that some people believe way too much in specs, and in all honesty wouldn't know the a*s end of a carrot let alone the minor details between certain racquets..

I havnt spoken to you before on the threads nor seen any of your posts, so I simply dont have an opinion of you personally. But I am guessing that you probably fit the category of people that talk's carrots?;)

mqtennis
04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
chris in japan:
look at the racquets, hit with them and compare them, and you will soon realize how stupid your comments are........

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Fair enough.. Would you say that my comments are as stupid as the hundreds of people that started threads about how bogus the K-90 was?.. I actually defended the K-90..

Like I said earlier. Before you attack me, understand that my feeling on this matter was one of a visual nature, and well, a "wouldn't surprise me if they did" kind of nature..

I wont be hitting with them. Or could I care less of what the difference is. I just said that I thought they were re-paints.. Nothing more, nothing less.. Now step off and take a breath..

Duzza
04-14-2007, 08:07 AM
There's a difference between a racquet being a paintjob of an older model and a racquet being a similar mold with different specs....but yes, on the internet the frames do have similarities (head, handle, gaps between string).

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 08:11 AM
And...........

Duzza
04-14-2007, 08:13 AM
And...........

And what you have pointed out is that the kZen is of a similar mold to previous nCode racquets, but it's not really just a repainted n6 Two or nBlade. is it?

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 08:17 AM
And what you have pointed out is that the kZen is of a similar mold to previous nCode racquets, but it's not really is it?

Just go 13 post above your last one and actually read what I wrote.. Then next time. Think before you post..

As for my argument (and it is just that).. Unless you personally oversaw the making of these racquets in China, then instead of saying that I am wrong. Show me that I am?

In all honesty, I probably am, and happy to accept that fact. My post was one of discussion, not one of proof...

Duzza
04-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Just go 13 post above your last one and actually read what I wrote.. Then next time. Think before you post..

As for my argument (and it is just that).. Unless you personally oversaw the making of these racquets in China, then instead of saying that I am wrong. Show me that I am?

In all honesty, I probably am, and happy to accept that fact. My post was one of discussion, not one of proof...

Interesting Thread Title then ;)

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Interesting Thread Title then ;)

Yeah.. Its called getting my frames mixed up!.. I am old you know?.. Again, I think I made a point of saying that earlier? You really need to read all posts completely before playing the wise guy Duzza..

This is the second thread you have tried to play smart guy on.. Seriously, you need to get away from the puuta for a while and get some fresh air!

Roger_Federer.
04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
It could just be built that way, but with different technology in it, not to mention the paintjob

MordredSJT
04-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I've hit with all of these racquets. I've used the nBlade as my main stick for a while. The kZen is nothing like the nBlade or the nSix-Two. Even from a purely visual perspective...the throat, the beam, the headsize...all different. The shape of the head is similar to the nSix-Two and it lacks the pws. That is about where the similarity ends. The weight, stiffness, headsize, swingweight, balance, and beam shape are all different.

If that isn't a different racquet I don't know what is.

I don't really get this thread. First you start with a statement that you put forth as fact, then get defensive when others point out the flaws in your assertion, then you say "instead of saying that I am wrong. Show me that I am?"

vince916
04-14-2007, 10:39 AM
You say your post is for discussion, but try really hard to control what we are discussing. What did you want us to discuss when you said the kzen is repainted racquet?

kingdaddy41788
04-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Not even close to the same molds. Zen is 103 sq. in. The nBlade comes in 98 and 106. The nSix Two comes in 100 and 113. That being said, leave Chris alone. All he said was that he thought they looked alike, and maybe to him they did. Not to mention, the japanese versions of these racquets can often vary quite a bit from the ones we (not all of you out there, but many) in the US get. So they may be the same mold over there, and not over here. Who knows?

El Diablo
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Never understood why people like Chris post that the Zen IS a repainted whatever instead of LOOKS TO ME LIKE a repainted whatever. People come to this board to learn something, and some clowns post their impressions as if they are facts.

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Never understood why people like Chris post that the Zen IS a repainted whatever instead of LOOKS TO ME LIKE a repainted whatever. People come to this board to learn something, and some clowns post their impressions as if they are facts.

OMG.. Please for the love of god read everything completely before you start having a go at me.. For about the 3rd time, I have made it clear that I got the initial 2 frames in my title wrong, and that I was indeed thinking of a different racquet. I then corrected myself and said that it was the n2 and not the n6 two or nBlade like I said.

Secondly I also stated that I was making this judgement on a visual level and not on a comparative one.. I then went on to say that I wouldnt be surprised if they were repainted, but happy to be wrong if they werent.. I also noted that I hadnt hit with them or looked at the specs, but just got the feeling of "seen this before" when picking it up.

For those that say that I dont have a right to start a thread like this, then give me a good reason why not?. For that matter why anyone should be allowed to start any threads on this site if conversation is not what you are looking for. As for me controlling what people think. Then if that is the case, then you would appear to be a weak individual in that case.

I dont have a problem with anyone having an argument with me, but I also have the right to reply, and say what I want. For people like Polaris. Its not what you say, its the fact that you have an honest dislike for me that makes me take anything you say awith a grain of salt.. If you need to jump in a thread like little Duzzer and attack me without constructively adding to the thread, then it doesnt say alot for your character, and would suggest a trolling element on your behalf. This isnt the first time, you've had a dig at me. I also doubt you have read more then the last 4 posts on this page..

Last of all. I for one defended the K-90 when everyone else was attacking it. But the fact that so little hash changed in the other models other than paint job to me "visually" I just thought I would throw my theory out there!. I may be wrong. I maybe right. We will never really know will we?. Just like what Federer actually uses himself?

KingOfTennis
04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
well all current rackets look the same (shape). I doubt it will be the same as the blade and tour 2.

KingOfTennis
04-14-2007, 07:30 PM
You say your post is for discussion, but try really hard to control what we are discussing. What did you want us to discuss when you said the kzen is repainted racquet?

aaahhh john lenon's famous words

VikingSamurai
04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
well all current rackets look the same (shape). I doubt it will be the same as the blade and tour 2.

Agree with you about the nBlade.. As I said earlier, I re-looked at the nBlade and realized that it is a completely different shape near the handle. Thats why I leaned towards the n2

SFrazeur
04-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Err, I must have misunderstood you...

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/N2.JPG http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/KZEN.JPG

VikingSamurai
04-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Ok, here is where I thought it was a similar frame. IN Japan we have an n2 110 that looks like this.. The fact that it doesnt have the pws bulges and the fact the throat looked similar, I felt that I had seen it before when I looked at the Zen..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/n2_front.jpg

VikingSamurai
04-15-2007, 01:03 AM
I just realized that you guys dont get the KZen 110 in the US.. Thats the recquet to which I was refering. Not the 103..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/zenteam600.jpg

KingOfTennis
04-15-2007, 01:30 AM
wow it looks ugly in that photo

psp2
04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok, here is where I thought it was a similar frame. IN Japan we have an n2 110 that looks like this.. The fact that it doesnt have the pws bulges and the fact the throat looked similar, I felt that I had seen it before when I looked at the Zen..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/n2_front.jpg

The N2 above still doesn't look like a Zen110. Look at the throat....

Just saw one in my local sports authority here in Japan. And as far as I am concerned. Put next to the n6 Two, or nBlade, this new K-Zen is just the same frame..

How about simply admitting that you were mistaken and move on? Perhaps you like being argumentative based on your post history...........perhaps I'm mistaken.

VikingSamurai
04-15-2007, 03:41 PM
The N2 above still doesn't look like a Zen110. Look at the throat....

How about simply admitting that you were mistaken and move on? Perhaps you like being argumentative based on your post history...........perhaps I'm mistaken.

If I am argumentative, then you are just simply ignorant.. You have quoted me from my very first post, and yet I have stated on many occassions since, that I am happy to be wrong....

Again, I say to you, dont jump on me unless you have read the whole thread, and not just a few blurbs.. As for the n2 110, I probably am wrong, fair enough.. But the throat is the same. Its the paint that makes it look different..

KingOfTennis
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Im hungry anyway have u guys seen the movie "Black Hawk Down"? Well if u havnt u should cuz its one of the best war movies even better then saving private ryan.