PDA

View Full Version : NEW HEAD microGEL RADICAL COMING

grass_hopper
04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
May 20 is the release date, same spec as Flexpoint Radical, microGEL would be replacing Flexpoint in players racquets of Head starting with Radical.

vinnier6
04-13-2007, 05:54 AM
May 20 is the release date, same spec as Flexpoint Radical, microGEL would be replacing Flexpoint in players racquets of Head starting with Radical.

you mean microGEL paintjobs will be replacing flexpoint paintjobs...

grass_hopper
04-13-2007, 06:04 AM
and flexpoint holes would become history?, have not seen the actual racquet, head rep will drop by with the demo in coming weeks. he just stopped by to give a heads up on coming attraction.

stormholloway
04-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Hmm, how far off is the Prestige?

GRANITECHIEF
04-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I was pretty unimpressed by the MicroGel Extreme Pro, lots of uncontrollable power and not much feel. Custom string job may have helped a little.

So i'm not all that excited about the prospect of new MicroGel rackets coming out, although i will give them a fair demo. Sounds like i'll have to wait a long time to demo a new Prestige.

stormholloway
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, Ljubicic switched to the Extreme Pro from the Pure Drive, so don't give the MicroGel guff quite yet. The Extreme Pro is basically Head's answer to the Pure Drive if I'm not mistaken, and the PD is uncontrollable power.

When the player's frames come out, then we'll talk. I'm hoping the new Prestige is more like the older Prestiges with just a smidge more power and a good paintjob.

mileslong
04-13-2007, 01:27 PM
there was some talk about the new prestige being available with a more open string pattern, has anyone else heard this?

theRadical
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I was gonna buy another flexpoint radical, today actually, but now I think im gonna hold off.

theRadical
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
btw, have any idea on the price? I know that the microgel extreme racquets are only 160 new. I hope they keep that price for the new radical too.

0d1n
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
btw, have any idea on the price? I know that the microgel extreme racquets are only 160 new. I hope they keep that price for the new radical too.

They probably should, they have direct competition from Dunlop's (aerogels and such...) and those are cheaper than flexpoints. The 200G has always been a direct competitor to the prestige in my opinion, and the Dunlop aerogel stuff seems to be "more of a hit" than "flexpoint"...so Head might want to change some things...pricing being one of them.