PDA

View Full Version : I need Lead tape for Babolat! Please help!

Mr Topspin
04-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I have been hitting with Bab pd+ for over 2 years now but i find that i cannot get any feel on my 1 handed backhand unless I add weight. The probelem i have is I added weight at 12 O'colck of about 6 grams of lead and strung the racket at 57.5. The racket felt fine at this set-up. However having had a restring at the same tension the racket feels different and the weight is unbalanced.

I am just begining to get a good feel on my backhand and i realise i hit well on that side when the racket is slightly heavier than standard 300 grams but i don't know where to add weight to complement my backhand without taming the power of the racket too much!

Please help!

Ross K
04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
PD Plus and lead weight = major nightmare (in my experience.)

For me my 2hbh was an absolute missile - way way way the best it's ever been - but for everything else was a horrific trampoline... no feel whatsoever... continually hit long... fh very restricted for fear overhitting... much too powerful. Eventually I gave up and stripped most of the lead off... and to think I was using such a small amount as well (approx. 5 grammes)...?!

For a bit more heft, plow-through and stability, I'm very tempted to check out the Pure Control especially, or maybe the Aeropro Control (and I won't be adding any lead!) For the time being though, I'll carry on with my pd+ (which just only about 2-3 grammes at 3 and 9 o'clock - and is still hitting long!) Obviously I know your string set up has a lot to do with it, but I won't personally be experimenting with the lead tape again...

Btw, you might want to repost on 'This is the Babolat Alliance calling!' in 'racquets' section, or just check it out.

rosenstar
04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I'd recommend putting some tape on the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. I would just recomend that in order to keep the racquet's balance the same, you put the same amount of lead tape in the grip. for example, if you put 5 grams of lead in the hoop, put 5 grams of led in the racquet's handle.

Bubba
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Would recommend placing 3 at 10:00 and 3 at 2:00.
Additionally, would add 3 in the throat (inside v area... 1.5 on each side) and place another 3 under the grip to keep the balance.

With this much added, you might want to consider the new pdr.