PDA

View Full Version : babolats...& why can't i bring my second serve down anym

lendl lives
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
i'm between the pd+( 75lbs big banger, lead tape from about 10am to 2pm and original light grip) and pc std. (64lbs big banger no lead tape but heavier leather grip). i have been playing extemely well with the pcs std, beating 4.5 league sinlges players in nor cal...but at times i feel the pd+, if i could tame it would help me out even more......

pluses for the pd+
-better bh; more raquet head spead on two handed bh because of lighter weight. (I use a golf grip)
-more pop on blocked service returns if needed
-lighter easier to carry.
-better FH slice.....more depth with less effort, very consistent

negatives for the pd+
-seems to have too much power on my second serve. I CAN'T bring it down with consistancy (biggest minus). I haven't improved over the past week with this.
-i've hit very hard fh's but it feels more comfortable using an eastern grip. i feel if i go after it with a full western i'll hit it out.
the lenght of the raquets seems a bit awkward on the fh side (on the bh side it doesn't- the length feels better-probably because i use 2 hands)
-i feel i need to generate more raquet head speed on serve due to the lighter weight wich leads me to take more knee bend ...which leads to less consistency (for me since i've never had a BIG knee bend)

pluses of pcs
-i developed a nice booming flat serve. with little effort. i let the weight of the raquet do the work.
-i can really go after second serves and the spin drops them in.
- i've developed a wicked western fh.

negatives of pc std
-i'm not sure i can find another babolat pcs std with the same weight and balance (see post in raquet section) this one seems to be a bit lighter than average.
-if i'm not in postion or have poor foot work and don't get my weight behind the ball shots are not as deep or powerfull.

jediknightdan
09-17-2004, 12:22 PM

jediknightdan
09-17-2004, 12:25 PM
lol you suck

lendl lives
09-17-2004, 02:35 PM
ok whatever; missing link, cretin.

btw for every other normal person on here. i'm getting them down but i've changed my whole flow on my motion. i think federer. not roddick. it's been interesting to me how raquets, especially on the serve, influence my motion.

finchy
09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
ur an idiot if you string any racquet with bb at 75 lbs.

VTL
09-17-2004, 03:16 PM
ur an idiot if you string any racquet with bb at 75 lbs.

Hey, it's his preference ok? True that I've ever done that before nor do I know him well, but I'm sure he's a big boy and know what his body can handle.

Rickson
09-18-2004, 04:26 AM
He sure likes his string tight.

splink779
09-18-2004, 06:07 PM
who are you to call anyone an idiot because they have a tension you dont approve of? Totally uncalled for and immature.

James Brown
09-18-2004, 06:22 PM
hes full of ****, he doesnt string it that tight. i dont know if racquets could handle it much less his arm. lendl has always had a penchant for the improbable. just ignore the post, dont waste energy posting 'flames'.

finchy
09-18-2004, 06:26 PM
honestly, thats bs. an already stiff racquet like the pd+ would most likely crack by now by being strung with a stiff string like bb.

lendl lives
09-20-2004, 09:13 AM
you guys have to find a good stringer......james look at what your saying...you use %$*$#@ and then say..."I DON'T KNOW"...well i can tell you you're right you don't know.

James Brown
09-20-2004, 10:18 AM
lendl, i said youre full of it, as in i dont believe you. the i dont know part is an expression. thanks