PDA

View Full Version : Barricade V

volleys_tennis_master
04-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Yesterday, at the tournament that I played at, I got to see the barricade V's. I was told by my friend who knows for a fact that the shoes were in fact barricade V's, and were given to the player by someone who works for adidas. I don't have any pictures, cause the guy who was wearing them left before I could ask him if I could take pictures of his shoes, so I'll do the best I can do to describe them to you in words. The V's look alot like the IV's, so i will compare the v's to the iv's. The heel/back of the v's have been redesigned to look more like basketball shoes. As on the iv's, the side with the "claws" on the v's look about the same, but there are now textured lines running laterally across the shoe. The uppers of the v's look the same as the iv's. The most radical change about the v's is on the left side of the right shoe/ right side of left shoe. This side of the shoe on the v's is completely black, and the adidas stripes are in silver. The outsole of the v's look like a smoother, rounder version of the iv's.

I hope this makes sense, and sorry if it doesnt.

StanHWB
04-16-2007, 06:28 AM
When is this going to be out?

adlis
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
When is this going to be out?

defiantly not before 08

Ronny
04-17-2007, 04:22 AM
during 08 maybe?

tenniko
04-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Yesterday, at the tournament that I played at, I got to see the barricade V's. I was told by my friend who knows for a fact that the shoes were in fact barricade V's, and were given to the player by someone who works for adidas. I don't have any pictures, cause the guy who was wearing them left before I could ask him if I could take pictures of his shoes, so I'll do the best I can do to describe them to you in words. The V's look alot like the IV's, so i will compare the v's to the iv's. The heel/back of the v's have been redesigned to look more like basketball shoes. As on the iv's, the side with the "claws" on the v's look about the same, but there are now textured lines running laterally across the shoe. The uppers of the v's look the same as the iv's. The most radical change about the v's is on the left side of the right shoe/ right side of left shoe. This side of the shoe on the v's is completely black, and the adidas stripes are in silver. The outsole of the v's look like a smoother, rounder version of the iv's.

I hope this makes sense, and sorry if it doesnt.

My friend who also saw it described it to me as "half of the shoe is solid". I thought he was half kidding, but I guess it's true.

Urza187
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
:(

They keep getting heavier and heavier...

sharp325i
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
i love the barricade ivs. while a lot of people have problems with the weight, i really like the stability and durability. the v's better look tight, and adidas should not make a poser barricade like the current tirand model that tw sells for 50 bux.

LPShanet
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
defiantly not before 08

In the past, adidas has launched its new models/updates in the late fall. So while it's officially an '08 model, you may see it as early as November/December '07. If not, you'll at least see an update to the current colorways at that time. The latest they will launch (unless there are internal problems) would be the beginning of January, as they like to have stuff in place for the Australian season.

ryohazuki222
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
TW said to expect them Januray 08. I'm hoping for december!

rasajadad
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Good! Then the IV's will go on sale!

jjrl2004
10-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Well the barricade 4's are already cheap, considering that you can get a free replacement and that they last twice as long as 50$ shoes. Plus they are better looking, and have better performance..

I wanna see barricade 5s..a must get if they are better than the 4s

Capt. Willie
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
By any chance does anyone have a link to pictures of the V?

schaefferm46
10-16-2007, 04:13 PM
jan 08....

brownie808
10-16-2007, 10:05 PM
if they have an all black barricade V, then im gonna be salty that i just ordered a pair of black barricade IVs

NickJ
10-17-2007, 01:34 AM
If you watch the Madrid Masters this week, I think Andy Murray has been wearing them and they look good!
I was watching yesterday and I thougth they were just a new colourway of the IV's but after seeing this post I guess they were V's.
Can't wait!

CWINE979
10-17-2007, 06:01 AM
I think they are a different colourway of the IV's. adidas has a new program called "mi adidas" and they custom make any adidas shoes for you. Even though I don't think Andy needs to use that to get custom adidas.

LPShanet
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have any word on whether adidas is also planning to put out a new version of the a3 family?

sargeinaz
10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
The V's are looking sharp. I just ordered some all black IVs though because 120 bucks is too steep.
________
VOYEUR UPSKIRT (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1167/upskirt/videos/1)

tazzellis
10-20-2007, 01:28 AM
anyone have any pics of what the barricade V's are supposed to look like?

ProStaff Legend
10-20-2007, 06:31 AM

http://www.adidas-team.com/TeamCatalogs/07-390_TennisBrochure_FIN.pdf
its on the second page

Gorecki
10-20-2007, 06:35 AM

Yeah... and the real hisory is that there is no barricade V... only a Barricade IV with a slightly inperceptible diference....

ProStaff Legend
10-20-2007, 06:40 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/deebin/barricadeV.bmp

sorry for the bad quality

nn
10-20-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah mention in other thread with same pdf file

KFwinds
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok. Neither of those links worked for me. Anyone have any pics of this shoe?

matt.jc
10-20-2007, 12:07 PM
They look very similar to the IVs but they look a little different. Great shoe it looks like.

Klatu Verata Necktie
10-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Anyone know what the shoe will weigh?

LPShanet
10-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Anyone know what the shoe will weigh?

I don't know the numbers, but according to adidas, they just took the Barricade IV design and found a few ways to lighten it up slightly. That's why it looks so similar to the IV, which was quite successful for them. It's also the first time in Barricade history that a new model was lighter than its predecessor.

Leelord337
10-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Barricade III's are the best

Klatu Verata Necktie
10-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't know the numbers, but according to adidas, they just took the Barricade IV design and found a few ways to lighten it up slightly. That's why it looks so similar to the IV, which was quite successful for them. It's also the first time in Barricade history that a new model was lighter than its predecessor.

That's great news. I'm glad the shoes will be lighter, as I find the style to be flat and uninspired. Perhaps the reduced weight will overcome my aesthetic concerns.

SempreSami
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I didn't really expect adidas to make anything heavier than the Barricade IV, otherwise we'd be playing with the shoe equivalent of breezeblocks on our feet. TBH I'll be sticking with the IV, brilliant shoe.

HyperHorse
10-24-2007, 12:29 PM
That's great news. I'm glad the shoes will be lighter, as I find the style to be flat and uninspired. Perhaps the reduced weight will overcome my aesthetic concerns.

You've got to be kidding about the styling? So many other "classic" tennis shoes in white leather..
So boring!!
Anyway i tried them out at the Adidas Concept store here in Sydney...
Nice glove like fit, not as heavy or as clog-like as the IVs...
But maybe that was because i was wearing size 11.5s as opposed to 12s...

neo
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1293936_BarricadeVm.png

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1293937_BarricadeVw.png

BkK_b0y14
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
look more like the feathers...IV's look wayyyy better

claycourtextraordinaire
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
these look heavy. IVs were heavy, IIIs were a bit better. IIs were awesome, wish they'd bring them back. Gonna switch to the feathers, accelerators look sick but are a rip off. Anyone know where to find the cheapest feathers in red?

nn
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
if you notice V will be lighter. If you look closely or make comparison with IV they have removed leather from back side and in front more light weight material (similar to Nike BFII)

NoBadMojo
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone have a pic of the feather iV's assuming they will also have a new feather shoe? am running out of 2's and didnt like the looks of the 3's.

neo
10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Anyone have a pic of the feather iV's assuming they will also have a new feather shoe? am running out of 2's and didnt like the looks of the 3's.
My situation exactly. I didn't hear anything about Feather IV and I am afraid they are still some way off considering III were introduced relatively recently.

Pr0DiGy
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Think I'm one of few, but these are my favorite looking shoes so far.

LPShanet
10-25-2007, 05:49 AM
these look heavy. IVs were heavy, IIIs were a bit better. IIs were awesome, wish they'd bring them back. Gonna switch to the feathers, accelerators look sick but are a rip off. Anyone know where to find the cheapest feathers in red?

They did bring the IIs back. They still make them and you can order them any time you like on TW or any other site. In fact, they're cheaper than when they were new, and are still adidas's most popular tennis shoe.

As for the Feathers, they're a great shoe, but I don't recommend them for aggressive hard court use. They are designed for clay courts and don't have nearly the support or cushioning that the Barricades or A3's do. They also will wear out much faster, so you probably won't end up saving money. Might work for game day, but you may be sorry if you use them as your go-to hardcourt shoe, especially if you weigh over 160 or so.

claycourtextraordinaire
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
cheers LP, any experience with the barricade I's? just noticed them in tw.

Trainer
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
:(

They keep getting heavier and heavier...

I just got my first pair of Adidas tennis shoes. The IV's. The first thing I noticed on the court was the weight.

BreakPoint
10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
these look heavy. IVs were heavy, IIIs were a bit better. IIs were awesome, wish they'd bring them back.
The BII's never went away:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-ADMBB.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-ADM.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-AB2MID.html

GAZ082
10-25-2007, 02:36 PM
*Drools*

LPShanet
10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
cheers LP, any experience with the barricade I's? just noticed them in tw.

Yes, I personally don't love them, but many people seem to. They're the lightest of the Barricades, but they don't fit my own foot as well as the IIs. They're also less supportive and slightly less cushioned, but still a good shoe. You might want to check out the post thread that compares all 4 existing models (the V wasn't out at the time, and still isn't available). Do a search and you'll find it.

blitzmage_89
10-26-2007, 09:09 PM
the barricade iv's main drawback was the extreme weight. I liked the sole but but the shoe itself was too heavy being 90% leather and only 10% mesh.

i think the barricade V will be something like the a3 with a barricade sole.

claycourtextraordinaire
10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
i'm always conscious of the possibility of rolling my ankle with tennis shoes, that's where, in my book, the barricades are so good (esp the IIs). However, looking at the accelerators and the feathers they don't look as stable/level around the "outstep". I'm thinking about switching to the feathers, has anyone had any problems switching from barricades to feathers?

Forehand Forever
10-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I tried on the feathers and they felt really, really light, I didn't like them much. I also thought it felt like you were walking in bare feet with them so not a lot of padding on the bottom. Just my opinion though.

claycourtextraordinaire
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
do the feathers have the 6 month warranty?

GAZ082
10-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Lets stay on topic, we are talking about Barricade V here.

claycourtextraordinaire
10-27-2007, 02:29 PM
i know the Vs have the 6 mo warranty, but do the feathers?

how's that?

julianoz
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Lets talk about the feathers.

BreakPoint
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
do the feathers have the 6 month warranty?
The Feathers have never had the six month warranty. Just take a look on the TW page for Adidas shoes.

stormholloway
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I seem to be in the minority that like the BIII the best. The II's had the right weight and cosmetic, but fit really narrow for me.

The IV seemed like a good shoe but I didn't find the comfort level to be what so many described, and they were quite clunky.

claycourtextraordinaire
10-27-2007, 10:30 PM
thge IIs were a perfect extension of the foot (like you weren't wearing anything at all bu t you were bc they were perfect) just a bit of a principle about buying a new pair for 85 bucks when they were out 5 years ago.

BreakPoint
10-27-2007, 10:57 PM
... just a bit of a principle about buying a new pair for 85 bucks when they were out 5 years ago.
Yeah, but 5 years ago they were $90, and considering inflation, they're a bargain at $85 for such a high demand shoe, especially since the BIV are $105 and people complain those are too clunky. I've never seen the BII on clearance because the demand has always been there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021001220251/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=ADM

goober
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I've never seen the BII on clearance because the demand has always been there.

You didn't look hard enough. There was a window when BIIs went on close out after BIIIs came out. I stocked up at <$50 for all of the ones I bought (4pairs). Then the price went back up to its current price. Of course they never went on close out at TW if that is your standard.

BreakPoint
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
You didn't look hard enough. There was a window when BIIs went on close out after BIIIs came out. I stocked up at <$50 for all of the ones I bought (4pairs). Then the price went back up to its current price. Of course they never went on close out at TW if that is your standard.
That's what I mean. I did see the funky silver/blue versions of the BII at an Adidas outlet many months ago but they were selling for like $80, so really no discount at all. That's because I think the list price is actually like $110 or $120 on them, so the $85 price on TW is already a discounted price.

I think you lucked out when you got yours on clearance as maybe Adidas was going to discontinue them and then changed their mind when BII customers screamed bloody murder and threatened to blow up the Adidas headquarters, so they brought them back as the "Barricade Classics". ;) So that must have been a while ago that you got them, right? I think that was a once in a lifetime deal during that transition period between the BII and the BIII, which ended up getting reversed and the BII not being discontined at all.

goober
10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
I think you lucked out when you got yours on clearance as maybe Adidas was going to discontinue them and then changed their mind when BII customers screamed bloody murder and threatened to blow up the Adidas headquarters, so they brought them back as the "Barricade Classics". ;) So that must have been a while ago that you got them, right? I think that was a once in a lifetime deal during that transition period between the BII and the BIII, which ended up getting reversed and the BII not being discontined at all.

Well yes it was once during a small window after the BIIIs came out- so awhile ago, but I still have some of these baby's left.:D The blue ones did go down to $64 on another website and they quickly sold out.

Luck is part of many great deals :)