PDA

View Full Version : Old Racquet stat archives?

jlambertou
04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi, I'm new here and joined just to ask this question:

Where can one find old discontinued racquet specifications? TW doesnt seem to have them more than a few years back.

I just want to know the stats on my Hammer 7.2 110 to compare it to current racquets I'm considering to replace it. I'd like to know its mass and balance especially.

Thanks!

blubber
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
go to archive.org and type in tenniswarehouse.com

they have archived snapshots of tw's website

jlambertou
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
That's a good idea, but apparently the 7.2 was already discontinued even way back in 1998 (I got it in 96 or 97). I tried looking for archived Wilson sites, but some electronics company used to have their url. Any other ideas? =)

FitzRoy
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
This site

http://www.racquetresearch.com/Discontinued.htm

Has a lot of racquets, but I don't see the Hammer 7.2 on there. You're sure it's not the 6.2, right? They have 6.2, 7.0, 7.4, etc. I can't find 7.2 though.

jlambertou
04-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Yep, it's definitely the 7.2 110 I'm looking for. I think the 7.4 was fairly similar to it though, so I'm guessing the stats are fairly close, very lightweight and head-heavy. I want something less head-heavy with more control and roughly the same amount of power or slightly less. I'd kind of like to know what the TW power rating on the 7.2 was, to have some idea of what i'm looking for. I'm considering the nTour Two 105 and the K-Four 105, cause I think my current racquet is also "medium" power. But if it was considered low-medium, I might want to go with even more control. I'm a 3.5 or a 4, and I tend to hit long.

Thanks for the site. Anyone here from TW itself know where to find old stats?

-James L

SFrazeur
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
The Wilson Hammer 7.4 was the first real racquet I ever owned. I use Yonex now. If I may suggest a Yonex replacement, the NSRQ 7, MP (100 inch) I do not know about the OS version. The MP has a nice graphite feel to it, a bit muted though. Large sweetspot. Not a lot of unnatural power through frame stiffness. The power comes from its open string pattern and what I feel to be a heavy swinging head.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCYONEX-SRQ7.html

jlambertou
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the racquet suggestion. That Yonnex RQ 7 has pretty stellar feedback and looks like a good tweener for me. The main reason I was just looking at Wilsons is that I didn't want to look at hundreds of different racquets and have analysis-paralysis trying to decide which one to get =0

I know it's not the smartest thing to buy a racquet blind, but I'm probably going to, since i'm too cheap to pay 30 bucks just to demo some, and I'd have to drive a half hour to find a tennis shop. hmm... Maybe this Saturday, if I can get someone to go with me (to Lexington, KY).