PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Feathers=clay only?

Smooothone23
04-18-2007, 05:03 AM
Is this not a good choice for outdoor hardcourts? Is the sole softer? I like the 3's but dont want to have to throw them away after a few months because I have worn through the sole and playing barefoot like Fred Flintstone....

Thanks

SB
04-18-2007, 08:57 AM
If you wear out the 3's in a few months, you'll probably wear out the Feathers in 6 weeks or less. I love the Feathers, but I rarely use them on hard courts. They are just too light. If I got them for free, I might do it.

Pr0DiGy
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
The Feather II is more of a clay-court shoe. If you read the Barricade History, you'll see that Adidas has two lines that are court-specific: the Barricades being the ultimate hard-court shoe and the Feather being the clay-court shoe. The outsole is designed for better traction on clay courts and for sliding. It is probably also less durable than the Barricades, considering the fact the outsoles won't wear as quickly on clay courts as they will on hard courts. Many have also complained that the Feathers just don't have the right amount of support for hard-court play, saying that the Feather isn't "beefy" enough.

While this is all said and done, many still use the Feathers for matches (take Andre Agassi for example). Many who play on hard courts will have a pair of Barricades for practice and a pair of Feathers specifically for competitive play. They claim that the traction of the Feathers perform just as well on hard courts as it does on clay courts, good.

The Feather II is a great shoe if you're looking for very light weight, a lot of ventilation, and decent traction. If your emphasis is on support and durability, look elsewhere.

weeman123
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
how is the featherlights durabilty for practice if you are only playing on clay?
Thanks