PDA

View Full Version : Lole.

StealthGnome
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Doubles 2
We won our first set. 6-1
In the middle of the second set, a bad frame serve catches me off guard and the ball bounces twice on our side, clearly. So both sides relax and I tap it back to the server. (So right now I'm standing in the left service court) Their net man is taking this racquet back and I'm thinking, What is he doing? Oh, he's just messing around and is going to hit in into the net.
Alright.
Boom. He rips the ball into my chest (I block part of it w/ my hand). Then me and my partner just busts out laughing. Wooo! The guy had this serious face on too and says a light sorry. I applaud him for that. Man. He's crazy. Worth a good laugh.
Oh we end up winning the game.
6-1 6-0

I end my losing streak of 5 loses. Woot.

Duzza
04-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I woulda snapped him one.

StealthGnome
04-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I didn't want to because his partner was a nice guy and it would have looked bad on my part.
I felt better hitting a service return straight down his alley for that game.

Duzza
04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I didn't want to because his partner was a nice guy and it would have looked bad on my part.
I felt better hitting a service return straight down his alley for that game.

I just remembered the funniest thing ever. I was filling in for a team at an away match. About half way through the doubles one of the opponents hit a shot that was just out, I called it and returned the ball reasonably lightly, and I'm moving back to the net and see the exact same thing, a guy winding up to hit it and he got me right in the stomach. I gave him a stare like "what the hell was that for?" and he and his partner apologised although I still wasn't that happy about the bruise. Later in the club house I noticed that the guy who hit me had a hearing aid on both ears!!!

thejackal
04-19-2007, 09:57 PM
in my last match my opponent cheates me out of an ace on the first point at 3-1. i stand in the next court for a bit insisting that ball was in, but he wouldnt budge so i serve a second serve and win 2 points to go up 30-0. then i hit another ace serve at the exact same place, which he calls out again. i let out this random laugh and yell "line judge" at the top of my lungs. ive never had to call one before so i just kept playing. i win the point again and hit an ace to close out hte game. the line judges (1 from each team) didnt arrive until 5-1 0-40 (on his serve). their coach asked me if i was throwing my racket, i answered no and told her that it was prolly my oppoenent (he was yelling at himself and hitting his racket against the ground between points) at the point i was just toying with the guy (hes a total pusher, so i gave him no pace and plenty of short slices to draw him to net). his serve was atrocious, and i stood 3 feet behind the service line to receive. in the second set he actually goes up 0-2 cuz i was completely out there mentally, but i regroup and win 6 games in a row to end the match. in the middle of the 2nd set i actually hit a short angled slice that made him trip up and fall as he went to chase it down. at the handshake he looked so pale i swear i thought he was going to fall over and die. after the match, i see him sitting on a grassy field next to the courts by himself, with his head buried in his hands. funny in a really sad way

ibringtheHEAT
04-20-2007, 02:10 PM
in my last match my opponent cheates me out of an ace on the first point at 3-1. i stand in the next court for a bit insisting that ball was in, but he wouldnt budge so i serve a second serve and win 2 points to go up 30-0. then i hit another ace serve at the exact same place, which he calls out again. i let out this random laugh and yell "line judge" at the top of my lungs. ive never had to call one before so i just kept playing. i win the point again and hit an ace to close out hte game. the line judges (1 from each team) didnt arrive until 5-1 0-40 (on his serve). their coach asked me if i was throwing my racket, i answered no and told her that it was prolly my oppoenent (he was yelling at himself and hitting his racket against the ground between points) at the point i was just toying with the guy (hes a total pusher, so i gave him no pace and plenty of short slices to draw him to net). his serve was atrocious, and i stood 3 feet behind the service line to receive. in the second set he actually goes up 0-2 cuz i was completely out there mentally, but i regroup and win 6 games in a row to end the match. in the middle of the 2nd set i actually hit a short angled slice that made him trip up and fall as he went to chase it down. at the handshake he looked so pale i swear i thought he was going to fall over and die. after the match, i see him sitting on a grassy field next to the courts by himself, with his head buried in his hands. funny in a really sad way

I laughed.... =]

StealthGnome
04-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I just remembered the funniest thing ever. I was filling in for a team at an away match. About half way through the doubles one of the opponents hit a shot that was just out, I called it and returned the ball reasonably lightly, and I'm moving back to the net and see the exact same thing, a guy winding up to hit it and he got me right in the stomach. I gave him a stare like "what the hell was that for?" and he and his partner apologised although I still wasn't that happy about the bruise. Later in the club house I noticed that the guy who hit me had a hearing aid on both ears!!!

I love the twist in the end.
This deserves a "Lole"!

thejackal
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I laughed.... =]

i half-expected him to throw his racket at me when we went up to net for the handshake. i had 4 inches and 50 pounds on him, so i guess he decided against it.

KingOfTennis
04-21-2007, 02:40 AM
lol stuff happens