PDA

View Full Version : Prince MV4? Yes!

Bottle Rocket
04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
I've used Barricade IV's for a year or so.. I've worn through 3 pairs.

I am right between a 9.5 and 10 with the Barricades, so it was time for something else. I am tired of having to wear two pairs of socks for a good fit.

I tried on everything at the tennis shop around here including the new Babolats, Barricade 3's, some Wilson shoe, Nike's, and all the new Prince shoes. All the shoes run a little bit smaller than Barricade IV's for a given size.

I left with the Prince MV4. It is the shoe with the focuss on ventilation (medium cushion, still great stability)). They have the MS4 and MC4. The C is for cushioning and the S is for stability. They all felt great right out of the box, a better fit for me than any other shoe. They have a real quality feel to them. I was deciding between the one I got and the shoe with cushioning. I am not sure why I chose the one I chose, but I love it.

I've got about 15-20 hours on the Prince shoes and I am impressed. The fit is really good, so far just as durable as Barricades, and the ventilation really is impressive. They haven't stretched out and they still fit just as well as the first day. I've never actually felt a breeze on my feet while playing, but you do with these things. Support is in all the right places and I think they look great.

Just another shoe for you guys to consider... I am sorry about my shoe review, I am not even sure what I am supposed to be talking about! I'm new at this.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSPRINCE-MV4M.html

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I use em too, they rock.

courtrage
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I use em too, they rock.

you need a pair in size 9? ;-)

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Nope, 13's for me.

PrinceO3TourOS
04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
That shoes looks great :-D they are like running shoes, with lots of ventilation holes. I want to buy Prince MV4 but the only thing I don't like is that orange color, but there is another very cool version of MV4: it's all black ;) I also like MC4 with Prince's Goodyear Max outsole and soft density Precision Tube for max cushioning. My current shoes are Adidas Barricade III and I also use them with double socks ;-)

Bottle Rocket
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
The Barricade III's were in the running, but just not the best fit.

The more I play in these Prince's, the more I enjoy them. The fit is just incredible. I was on the court for 5 hours yesterday and feet felt good. I imagine with my Barricades I would have had some Blisters and other things from contact in the wrong spots.

With that said, Barricades have more stability.

Bottle Rocket
06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I sent in my original pair for replacement and went out and bought a new pair of these things. They just feel too good. They are just as durable as Barricades, if not more so. I don't think I'll ever try another shoe.

Even at the end of their life, they maintain great stability and cushioning. I haven't gotten the knee aches with these I used to get with other shoes nor have I rolled my ankle or anything like that.

Another small plus is that when you send them in for replacement, you don't have to send $8 for return shipping like you do with Adidas.

BreakPoint
06-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I sent in my original pair for replacement and went out and bought a new pair of these things. They just feel too good. They are just as durable as Barricades, if not more so. I don't think I'll ever try another shoe.

Wait, the MV4's only lasted you for less than 2 months but you consider them to be more durable than the Barricade IV's? :confused:

nn
06-09-2007, 11:21 PM
they felt heavy when I try them in store.

wow wear them in 2 months time!!!

goober
06-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I'll try them when they come down in price which should be about in 6-8 months :)

Bottle Rocket
06-10-2007, 11:18 AM
they felt heavy when I try them in store.

wow wear them in 2 months time!!!

I actually wore through the outsole in a month... I've just kept them around and worn them for other things.

Forehand Forever
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I know someone who wears these shoes and most of the time, only uses them for teaching. He's had them for like 2 months and they're pretty worn down. He's sponsored by Prince and gets them free but still.

Bottle Rocket
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
BreakPoint, I can wear out Barricades just as fast... Maybe I'm not wearing my shoes properly. :wink:

I spend a ridiculous amount of time on a tennis court.

BreakPoint
06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
... Maybe I'm not wearing my shoes properly. :wink:

Yeah, you're supposed to wear the right shoe on your right foot and the left shoe on your left foot and not the SAME shoe on both feet! ;) LOL

Bottle Rocket
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
12 days later and I've got a new pair in my hands...

I requested a black replacement pair for the orange/white I sent in and they were nice enough to do that for me.

Someone made a comment about their weight a while ago. I am coming from Barricades and these shoes feel much more compact and less cumbersome than the big Barricades. I've never had the slightest thought about them being too heavy.

hyrulemaster
06-21-2007, 03:49 PM
BottleRocket you dont think the black MV4s are kinda ugly? I have the orange ones and theyre beautiful, just like on the computer screen, but the black ones dont look so great over the internet. I kind of considered getting the black ones instead of orange when I ordered a few days ago, but decided against it. How do the black MV4s look in person?

tennispr()
06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
yeah my high school tennis team gives it out to all varsity players

Ruuzo
06-21-2007, 06:36 PM
maybe a bit off-topic, but can you send in the new pair you're wearing now for a 2nd replacement? meaning you have 2 receipts, both for the same model of shoe, will Prince honor the 2nd replacement? or do they limit to replacing a particular model once only?

BreakPoint
06-22-2007, 12:22 PM
maybe a bit off-topic, but can you send in the new pair you're wearing now for a 2nd replacement? meaning you have 2 receipts, both for the same model of shoe, will Prince honor the 2nd replacement? or do they limit to replacing a particular model once only?
One replacement PER purchase. They will NOT replace a shoe that you got for free as a replacment. No companies will do that. If they did, they'd all go out of business pretty fast as everyone can just buy one pair of shoes and then get new replacements for life.

BTW, how would have have two receipts? You only get a receipt if you purchase something. So you only have one receipt from the initial pair that you purchased, right? You don't get another receipt with the replacement pair because you did not pay anything for it, thus, you did not purchase it.

Ruuzo
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
One replacement PER purchase. They will NOT replace a shoe that you got for free as a replacment. No companies will do that. If they did, they'd all go out of business pretty fast as everyone can just buy one pair of shoes and then get new replacements for life.

BTW, how would have have two receipts? You only get a receipt if you purchase something. So you only have one receipt from the initial pair that you purchased, right? You don't get another receipt with the replacement pair because you did not pay anything for it, thus, you did not purchase it.

OP said that:

I sent in my original pair for replacement and went out and bought a new pair of these things.

so i was wondering if he could get a replacement on the "new pair" he just bought.

thanks for answering my question, i'm soon to send in a 2nd pair of T10s i bought for replacement, but i wasn't sure they would honor it...because once upon a time i sent in my 2nd and 3rd pair (1st, 2nd, 3rd all same model) of new balance shoes (at the same time) and got nothing - they had replaced the 1st pair but for some reason saw fit not to replace #2 and #3.

hope that is not too confusing!

Bottle Rocket
06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
hyrulemaster,

I actually really like the black version... Pretty detailed and eye-catching if you get up close to them. Of course none of that really matters on the court and the orange/white version looks better from a distance. I like both.

Ruuzo,

You buy a new pair of shoes. If you wear them out within the period allowed, you send them in with the original receipt and they send back a replacement. That's all you get, all you're allowed. BreakPoint covered it pretty well.

If I bought two new pairs at the same time, wore them both down within 6 months, I would send both in with their original receipt for replacement.

I sent in an original pair for a replacement. I needed a new pair right away so I went out and bought a new pair. When my newest pair is worn, I will send it in for replacement. Then I will wear my replacement pair. I'll bet that makes no sense.

You wore out 3 pairs of shoes in 6 months and sent them all in at the same time?

hyrulemaster
06-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I sent in an original pair for a replacement. I needed a new pair right away so I went out and bought a new pair. When my newest pair is worn, I will send it in for replacement. Then I will wear my replacement pair. I'll bet that makes no sense.

No, that makes perfect sense. :D

I like the orange MV4s. My pair just came a few days ago and they are really eye catching - more so than my good ol' MS4s. But yeah I guess I'll have to take your word for the black pair. Would you say that they actually look better, up close, and/or far away than the oranges? I just can't imagine it - the orange is so beautiful...

Bottle Rocket
06-23-2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=296&ProductId=1554

Heh, you want me to get some shots of me hitting a running forehand with my black pair as well as the orange/white so we can compare? ;)

Ruuzo
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
You wore out 3 pairs of shoes in 6 months and sent them all in at the same time?

no i bought the 1st pair, wore it out, then bought 2 more pairs at the same time. at this point i have 3 pairs, a replacement for the 1st, and a new 2nd and 3rd pair. i proceeded to wear out the 2nd and 3rd pair within 6 months, sent them both in to new balance at the same time and got...nothing...

...making me wonder if new balance had a policy of one-time replacement for a specific model. so anyway, that was enough to make me give up on new balance.

thats the only time it has happened to me, i've had many successful replacements from adidas and prince.

Bottle Rocket
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
... You didn't try calling NB to see what was up? :confused:

Ruuzo
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
... You didn't try calling NB to see what was up? :confused:

no, maybe i should have...oh well! that was a long time ago...