PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

pNoyr3D
04-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello, can anyone recommend me a shoe that has a night tight glove fit? I currently own Fila Torneos and they don't seem to have a glove it on my foot, I am starting to believe that, it's one of the reasons I am getting shin splints since a sports trainer told me that if the feet move around a lot in the shoe it can cause shin splints. So yeah, I am wondering what is a good shoe that's not too expensive that has a nice glove fit.

courtrage
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
the oscillates are snug and i think the prince t9 is good...the punto2 isnt bad either...i think i suffer from the same problem needing snug fit...but i have achilles bother me not shins...my breathe free 1 dont hurt me hardly at all and those fit real well and are stable so maybe thats the key...

Bottle Rocket
04-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Check out this thread I just made--->

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=129344

A snug and comfortable fit is the reason I bought those.

pNoyr3D
04-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank's for the recommendations guys, the MV4 looks like a great shoe but the price tag is too much for me, I was actually looking for a price tag of max $60.

I know it's going to be pretty hard for me to find one but, how about the New Balance CT 780? Seems like a promisable shoe, how is the fit?

El Guapo
04-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Shin splints from running are usually caused by:

1. not enough arch support
2. not enough cushioning

How's the arch support in the Torneos? Filas also don't seem to hold the heel as well because the laces don't extend back far enough.

Ronny
04-22-2007, 04:07 AM
prince ms4, mv4 and the t10 are good shoes

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Shin splints from running are usually caused by:

1. not enough arch support
2. not enough cushioning

How's the arch support in the Torneos? Filas also don't seem to hold the heel as well because the laces don't extend back far enough.

Yeah, I don't think the arch support isn't that great.

Yeah, I was wondering about the heel thing cause it felt like I wasn't getting a lot of cushion on the heel section of the shoe.

So would you recommend me any shoes?

prince ms4, mv4 and the t10 are good shoes

Price is a bit too much for me, I like the shoes though.

How are the New Balance 780 when it comes to arch support, cushioning, and a glove like fit?

Ronny
04-22-2007, 04:37 AM
yeah the 780s are pretty good and durable for the price and u get to chose the foot widths to suit ur feet

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks a lot, that is probably top on my list because mainly the price, also heard some great things but need some more info. I'll look around the forums

Ronny
04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
the 781's are pretty decent looking

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah they are, but how do they perform, that's my concern right now.

es-0
04-22-2007, 06:42 AM
well the Princes do have a guarantee (if I recall correctly) so if you know you can wear them out then just cut the price in half and then the price will be in your budget.

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 06:44 AM
What do you mean by cut the price in half?

courtrage
04-22-2007, 06:51 AM
buy the shoe at regular price then wear it out and get a free pair in six months...so thats 2 for the price of 1...

El Guapo
04-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Make sure that you try the NBs on first. Also, try to find a shoe without much difference between the heel height and the forefoot height.

courtrage
04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
... try to find a shoe without much difference between the heel height and the forefoot height.

what tells you to do that? i'm thinkin i'm better off with a shoe thats flatter inside so its closer to walking barefoot but what have you seen/heard that confirms that in your experience? did you have any foot issues?

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, that is a pretty good deal courtrage.

El Guapo
04-22-2007, 09:11 AM
what tells you to do that? i'm thinkin i'm better off with a shoe thats flatter inside so its closer to walking barefoot but what have you seen/heard that confirms that in your experience? did you have any foot issues?
Yes, more of a heel lift will contribute to shin splints. You're obviously stressing the anterior tibialis more because your foot is more plantarflexed when you wear a higher heel.

Higher heels are better for achilles problems and if you need the extra cushioning (plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, etc), but they're worse for shin splints.

kingdaddy41788
04-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Barricade IV's have a glove-like fit... and a lot of durability

pNoyr3D
04-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes, more of a heel lift will contribute to shin splints. You're obviously stressing the anterior tibialis more because your foot is more plantarflexed when you wear a higher heel.

Higher heels are better for achilles problems and if you need the extra cushioning (plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, etc), but they're worse for shin splints.

Thanks, that was pretty well written. I actually did not know that.

Any shoes you recommend?