PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some Nike Breathe Cage's

carrwash13
04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Just bought the White/Jade Green/Black Breathe Cage's. I'll post some pics later of them on when I'm at home tonight but first impressions are good.

1.The jade green color looks alot better in person. It seems a bit darker and when you have the shoe on it doesn't stand out too much. (this coming from someone who hated it originally).

2.The shoe fits alot better. With the breathe II's it seemed that my foot could slip out of the shoe at the heel even if I laced up tight. When I tighten the laces on these it tightens the whole shoe. Overall a very good fitting snug shoe. It also seems that there is a bit more padding on the heal and back of the foot in the upper. This probably attributes to the shoe feeling snugger around my foot.

3.The tongue is not connected to the entire sockliner. I'll post some pics of this later. I think it allows for better ventilation and fit.

4.The front upper mesh of the shoe underneath the cage part is extrememly thin. This has to be one of the best ventilate shoes out there. The cage part is thick though.

5.More versatile look than the II's. I always thought the II's looked wierd in anything other than a tennis enviornment. They were always a little too pointy for me in the toe (looks wise) and looked odd when worn casually. I tried these on at Niketown with jeans and I actually liked how they look.

6.Cushioning feels good. I have had problem with shin splints recently and these felt very good in the forefoot and heel. Not as much as the Breathe III's but more than the II's.

courtrage
04-24-2007, 02:50 PM
i tried them at a pro shop and they felt better fitting than the 2s in the heel/heel colar area...almost as if the upper in the middle and front helps push your foot back in them so it holds better...havent played in them or the 3s so i dont know how good either is...

goosala
04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you wear the same size from the Breathe 2's to the Cage's? I've owned a pair of the Breathe Free II's and liked them and was wondering if the Cage's fit the same.

carrwash13
04-24-2007, 05:25 PM
here's some pics I just took. Kind of gives you an idea of what they look like in real life. Also shows what the jade color looks like:

http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage3.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage4.jpg

carrwash13
04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Do you wear the same size from the Breathe 2's to the Cage's?

Yea, I wear 9.5's in both

carrwash13
04-24-2007, 05:34 PM
shows the padding in the ankle area:

http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage5.jpg

Dangus
04-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Those are some nice shoes! :)

Fedal07
04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I need to get me some.

Thanks for the pics buddy.

Ronny
04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
carwash13, what type of feet and arch do u have? are they good for wide feet? i m interested in buying those.

vinnier6
04-25-2007, 05:53 AM
it still lookes like the tounge is connected...

carrwash13
04-25-2007, 07:35 AM
it still lookes like the tounge is connected...

It's connected at the top but then disconnects where the cage part starts.

carrwash13
04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
carwash13, what type of feet and arch do u have? are they good for wide feet? i m interested in buying those.

I have a very small to flat arches and medium sized as far as width goes. I'm not totally sure how they would fit with wide feet. Overall the fit is similar to the Breathe II's.

jonolau
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Excellent pics! These look like extremely comfortable shoes with extremely good ankle support.

Kid Carlos
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Pics arent thier??

Fedal07
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
They were before. Hey Kid Carlos do you have some cages?

carrwash13
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Pics arent thier??

geocities where they are hosted is being wierd and only allowing a certain # of people to view them at a time....if someone has a better picture hosting site let me know

guedoguedo
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
www.imageshack.us

BreakPoint
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/cage3.jpg

I'm very sorry to have to say this, but in my honest opinion, those are some pretty ugly looking shoes IMHO. Especially once you put them on your feet. It literally looks like a "cage" and not a shoe to me. Anyway, I hope they're comfortable and you enjoy them. All that matters is that YOU like them. :D

oscar_2424
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
u can try photobucket.

carrwash13
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm very sorry to have to say this, but in my honest opinion, those are some pretty ugly looking shoes IMHO. Especially once you put them on your feet. It literally looks like a "cage" and not a shoe to me. Anyway, I hope they're comfortable and you enjoy them. All that matters is that YOU like them. :D

yea, I like them but I can definitely see how they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea....but to each his own.

jonolau
04-25-2007, 05:25 PM

Now, now, don't be rude, Breakpoint ... the poor guy's already dished out his cash to buy it. ;)

I personally don't like the look of the cage too, but I'd rather sacrifice looks for comfort.

mrmo1115
04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
just bought the new colorway for cages in chlorine blue

http://www.m i d w e s t sports.com/nike-breathe-4-tennis-shoe/p/315959-411/

seperate spaces

haha to all who bought the earlier colorway as this is much more catching to the eye

carrwash13
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Now, now, don't be rude, Breakpoint ... the poor guy's already dished out his cash to buy it. ;)

Don't worry....my opinion on the shoe won't change just because Breakpoint doesn't like them......I'm not that insecure.

jonolau
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Don't worry....my opinion on the shoe won't change just because Breakpoint doesn't like them......I'm not that insecure.

Naw, it's all in jest. I've had many a ribbing on my choice of shoes too (Nike BF IIs), and never bothered to defend my position. As long as I like them, they're comfortable and prevent foot injuries, that's more important.

jonolau
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
By the way, the next shoe I'm buying will be the Breathe Cage ... so, I'm glad you shared the pics!

BreakPoint
04-25-2007, 10:15 PM

I personally don't like the look of the cage too, but I'd rather sacrifice looks for comfort.

Well, he did post several pics from many angles so I assumed he wanted other people's opinions on how they looked, so I just gave him my honest opinion. Anyway, it's just my opinion, and opinions are all over the map on how shoes and clothes look to certain people. I guess that's why they make so many different styles, right? ;)

Anyway, it was not intended to get him to change his mind or anything. And they do look like they're comfortable, which as you said, is even more important. And as far as looks goes, like I said, the only thing that matters is that HE likes the way they look. :D

jonolau
04-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, he did post several pics from many angles so I assumed he wanted other people's opinions on how they looked, so I just gave him my honest opinion. Anyway, it's just my opinion, and opinions are all over the map on how shoes and clothes look to certain people. I guess that's why they make so many different styles, right? ;)

Anyway, it was not intended to get him to change his mind or anything. And they do look like they're comfortable, which as you said, is even more important. And as far as looks goes, like I said, the only thing that matters is that HE likes the way they look. :D

I'm going to jump into his boat sometime next month with my pair of Breathe Cage ...

Mr. Sean
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Just got mine today and played in them for a couple of matches. All I can say is wow. No break in period required. Very comfortable shoes all the way around and great ankle support. shoe's have this huge ridge on the outside of the foot and gives you good support during lateral movement. Very light as well. Colors are great and the aqua doesnt even look that bad in person. If you are a hard court player these shoes are a must. They grip the court like crazy. These shoes are great for baseliners. Good job nike. Highly reccommend these over the breathe 2s or the breathe 3. They are like the breathe 2s with better ankle support and more room in the toe area.

BreakPoint
04-26-2007, 12:06 AM
By the way, the next shoe I'm buying will be the Breathe Cage ... so, I'm glad you shared the pics!
If they come out with a better colorway, I might too eventually! ;)

Especially if they're as comfortable as the BF II's, which I find to be extremely comfortable. I'll probably never like the way they look, but like you said, comfort takes priority over looks anyday.

Fedal07
04-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Seems like everyone who played in them likes them. I need me a pair.

carrwash13
04-26-2007, 06:58 AM

Yea, I posted the pics for opinions (negative ones too) and also to let people know how they look in person. Lots of time I'll buy shoes because I liked how they look in the stores website pics only to get them and not like them.

Fedal07
04-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Any word on if thease are in Australia?

Kid Carlos
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I tried on the white/Argon blue version at Nike Toronto today, the shoes feel great and look great as well. My fav colour is still the chorline blue and navy, for the French, but all the colours of the shoe are really nice.

Fedal07
04-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Kid Carlos, what are some future colours?

Noveson
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Mmm....I actually kind of like them. They look a lot better in those pics than it the stock pics. The black is more apparent in those, I just wish they could do away with the teal.

mrmo1115
04-27-2007, 04:57 PM
has anyone bought the new colorway the obsidian blue cage's

hope im not the only one =]

mrmo1115
04-30-2007, 06:12 PM
hey carrwashh and others that can help; (ppl who have owned and played with the cage's for a week or two or maybe more)

do the cage's crease alot in the front ?

my brother has the vapor IV and his shoe is already creased after a set of play ... how do they look after played for a while

i purchased the cage's and played one set but im just wondering and curious about what it will feel and look like after many weeks of playing

:)

nicktennis19
05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
how wide are they compared to the 3's... would ppl w/ wide feet be able to wear them?

mrmo1115
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
well if you have worn the 3's or the 2's i dont think transitioning to the cages will be any problem

thats just what my thoughts are