PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever Tennis experience?

jamumafa
04-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I was playing dubs today, and my partner flicked up a lob, and to be fair, it was a rubbish lob.

I moved back 2 steps, to give myself more chance of returning the smash.

Opponent smacks it, HARD, straight into the floor, ball bounces up and catches me right in my meat and two veg.

Needless to say I feel on the floor, clutching my nads for dear life. It felt like theyd been smacked into my stomach.

I think that's THE worst tennis thing that ever happened to me.

103xStateChamp
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Ouch..........

Voltron
04-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Pulling a Monfils style hard court slide and thinking "Oh man, this might actually worGAHHHHHHH" As I roll my ankle and then kinda fall/collapse and skid across the court for a little ways, cutting up my knee and leg. I should have known I was running to fast to pull that off. Yes, I am officially an idiot. :)

Zets147
04-24-2007, 02:19 PM
jesus!

I had a similar experience in doubles.

partner threw up weak lob, another ball rolled on the court and I was distracted by it ("Let" wasn't what was on my mind at that particular moment).

Opponent smashed, ball hits the ground, and hits my face.
I got cut and bled all over my white shirt, it was pretty much stained with blood all over lol.

I never seen so much blood before.

LarougeNY
04-24-2007, 02:25 PM
losing. losing. losing. Especially when the coach thinks you're top 4 on the team, then partners you up with the two best and you continue to lose tough matches. That sucks.

jamumafa
04-24-2007, 02:25 PM
^^

Ouch man thats rough. Could you play on?

Voltron, Monfils is always injured. Learn from his mistakes :P

Zets147
04-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Yea, but after that I got really hungry and they handed me 2 bagels. Nourishment I guess.

jamumafa
04-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Haha I ate major bagel this weekend too. 2 matches, 2 bagels, 2 breadsticks. What Can I say, I like a ranged diet.

Our number 1 played a guy called Ashley Watling. He's bloody good.

ibringtheHEAT
04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Yea, but after that I got really hungry and they handed me 2 bagels. Nourishment I guess.

haha, that's great.

Anyways, for me it would be this one time I got dq'd from a tournament for se><ual harrassment..........

LONG STORY, I'll try and make it short.

Me and my partner were sitting in the stands watching girls doubles, and a ball came flying into the stands after a pretty bad return, let's just say a "good looking" girl walks over and asks for the ball.....My partner proceeds to make a statement about balls, and not tennis ones...

We both got dq'd on grounds of se><ual harrassment, I didn't really do anything, but I couldn't help but laugh the whole busride home. =]

Voltron
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
^^

Ouch man thats rough. Could you play on?

Voltron, Monfils is always injured. Learn from his mistakes :P
I did play on, though I probably shouldn't have. I haven't tried since, so it hasn't happened again. The moral of this story is, never slide on hard courts. :)

All-court Hero
04-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I was warming up with friends on team a month ago like 3 to a side (our courts are packed) playing the net. point blank. full powered smash directly to the face, no bounce, the ball probably traveled only two feet from the guys racket. the guy intended to cross court smash, screwed up and nailed me in the left side of my face. i figure it's about the most pain you can get from a tennis ball; now i'm ready for anything.

Zets147
04-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I was warming up with friends on team a month ago like 3 to a side (our courts are packed) playing the net. point blank. full powered smash directly to the face, no bounce, the ball probably traveled only two feet from the guys racket. the guy intended to cross court smash, screwed up and nailed me in the left side of my face. i figure it's about the most pain you can get from a tennis ball; now i'm ready for anything.

Damn, you're my all-court hero. damn that's gotta hurt.

NebAce1
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
I was playing dubs today, and my partner flicked up a lob, and to be fair, it was a rubbish lob.

I moved back 2 steps, to give myself more chance of returning the smash.

Opponent smacks it, HARD, straight into the floor, ball bounces up and catches me right in my meat and two veg.

Needless to say I feel on the floor, clutching my nads for dear life. It felt like theyd been smacked into my stomach.

I think that's THE worst tennis thing that ever happened to me.

That sort of happened to my friend this summer. He fell on the court clutching his nads also and was lying there for like 10 minutes just going "ooooooooooo.....".

cereal
04-24-2007, 06:08 PM
in Districts last semester when we were playing doubles we played a team and one of the guys had a 120 mph serve and it pegged my team mate at the tip of the iceberg....it was a flat serve :):)

equinox
04-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Got hit in the face by a smashed tennis ball today. I'll get a nice shiner tommorow. Opponent copped one in the nuts for his trouble.

Dived for a ball last week and landed badly. I started bleeding from knees and elbows and wrists, Anybody would have thought i looked like jesus himself on the cross. Still bandaged up.

go_nadal
04-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Pulling a Monfils style hard court slide and thinking "Oh man, this might actually worGAHHHHHHH" As I roll my ankle and then kinda fall/collapse and skid across the court for a little ways, cutting up my knee and leg. I should have known I was running to fast to pull that off. Yes, I am officially an idiot. :)

Hahahaha! Oh thats funny

KingOfTennis
04-25-2007, 04:05 AM
wow soo many ouch stories, luckily ive never had an ouch story.

cghipp
04-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Playing in a tourney this weekend with a sinus infection was right up there... but not as bad as the OP's story.

imsoaznwashed
04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
my partner hit a weak lob about two feet from the net and the opponent slammed it into my face..busted my nose..

forzainter
04-27-2007, 03:37 PM
ill just pretend im my brother when playing me 'just playing a friendly game when all of a sudden he hits a hard shot out of nowhere and catches me right in the adams apple, he actually thought it was funny' which i did, it was quite funny

xtremerunnerars
04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Urghhh....Today was rough.

Sectional match against a team who had beaten us 4-1 earlier in the season. I played second doubles today (usually play 3 singles, but I lost to the 3 kid last time), and we won! Our singles one kid played VERY well (top 10 in our usta region), but he lost to the section singles champion and probably soon to be state champion. First doubles lost too, so it was down to third singles which was still playing. Our second singles kid pwns that spot and was done in a little over 40 minutes.

Our person in third singles was a really reliable senior. Captain too. He won the first set 6-4, and then the second set was 5-7. He was up 5-0 in the third set (we were ready to rush the court in celebration) and then the kid started pushing. Our guy didn't adjust, and he lost in a tiebreaker.

So we lost, 3-2. It was senior day and everything! Oh well, we still make playoffs and we know we can beat those guys now.

DraGoNoFfiR3
04-28-2007, 10:06 PM
i got volleyed straight at my nuts. (we were both at the net)

i have a paddle tennis story too. i hit myself in the nose (with a wooden paddle) while attempting to hit a really hard topspin shot on the run. my nose is all jacked up now.

Roger_Federer.
04-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I've never had a bad experience actually....

EasternRocks
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
i was up, 6-0 5-0, 40-0...i lost the match!!!
dont even ask me how,,, i was so ****ed...

Zets147
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
i was up, 6-0 5-0, 40-0...i lost the match!!!
dont even ask me how,,, i was so ****ed...

Let me guess... got hit in the family jewels and had to retire.

jamumafa
05-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Definately not my worst experience, but still quite bad in a pathetic lame-*** sort of way.

You know if you get hit some places, it really hurts even though its a tiny scratch? Like the funny bone, and some places on the knee and shins?

Well I went for a slice backhand, and a ball rolled onto court, I stepped over it and played the slice with my back to the court. I bought the racket through and smacked the buttcap onto my knee. OWEEE!!!!! bloody 'ell it 'urts. Its probably the tiniest cut known to man, but i was limping for ages after, even when walking around school afterwards. I don't know why :confused: ouch.

Ronny
05-02-2007, 02:26 AM
doing the splits whilst going for a drop volley(i won the point with it:D)

fridrix
05-02-2007, 04:49 AM
It is sad that my first post on TW has to be about such a tender topic, but here goes.

Most of my mishaps date to my high school days. Like the time I hit my knee with the racquet after my serve. It was a T3000. It didn't hurt as much as you might think, but it got my attention and maybe even improved awareness of my form.

This thread has strayed a little from the original topic, I think. The worst experiences for me involve gamesmanship or me just playing bad, leaving lingering emotional damage.

origmarm
05-02-2007, 04:53 AM
For me, broke my ankle when a piece of hardcourt fell in when I stepped on it when running full pelt, (apparently some of the underpack had washed away...) in a hardcourt in the Carribean. Hurt like hell

For my doubles partner, getting a serve straight to the a*s, unfortunately was also my boss....still at least we won

Ronny
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
For me, broke my ankle when a piece of hardcourt fell in when I stepped on it when running full pelt, (apparently some of the underpack had washed away...) in a hardcourt in the Carribean. Hurt like hell

For my doubles partner, getting a serve straight to the a*s, unfortunately was also my boss....still at least we won

lol...the 2nd one happened to me too!!:D