PDA

View Full Version : Serve: Contact Point

zasboy
09-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I would like to say that TW message board is a goldmine for great information regarding about tennis. With that said, I spent a good majority of the day searching through the message board about any information on serving. I had been looking up on how to improve my serve. I am still experimenting on the use of the body such as the legs to leap up, twisting of the waist, rotating of the shoulder, and the extension on the arm. When I was thinking about my serve, I'm got one question. Where exactly should you contact the ball? I'm trying to figure out how the body should look when making contact with the ball. When I do my serve, it feels that I'm not using my body and trying to swing as fast and hard as I can to generate the power. If anybody got any tips, suggestions or comments, that would be awesome :D

-Thanks

RoddickOwnzYou
09-18-2004, 08:01 AM
The ideal position for your arm, is obviously fully extended, reaching up to the ball at the highest point your racquet can reach. Your body should be rotated and facing the court, and you should be moving towards the net...landing around a foot inside the baseline is usually about right. These are all things i too am currently working on..about to head to the court with the vid cam and the tripod to see how i'v progressed the last week or so. Good luck, and i'm sure many more people will throw better tips out there for ya than i can :D