PDA

View Full Version : Anyone With This Problem?

polea
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
i make a hole in the red spot i put in this picture of a shoe.
the rest of the shoe is ok for use after the hole appears but through it the dust enter and destroy my socks;)

http://img42.imagevenue.com/loc1042/th_23537_Picture_1_122_1042lo.jpg (http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=23537_Picture_1_122_1042lo.jpg)

Voltron
04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
That doesn't happen with my barricades. Perhaps you are dragging your foot in that place on clay?

polea
04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
yes. i play on clay. it occurs me only on my left shoe.

stevekim8
04-26-2007, 06:59 PM
omg it happened to me for my puma shoes. i bought it for like 80 bucks and the side had a hole in it. but i don't play on clay tho. i play on hard surface. i think it happens when the outsole can't take all the shocks and instead of blocking the shock at the bottom of the shoes, it transfers all over the shoes, especially the side cause you are balancing yourself and it makes hole cause it can't stand the force. yea. lol

staedtler
04-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah I get that problem too. Im a right hander, so whenever i somewhat reach out for a forehand, I tend to drag my left foot for stabilization. As Voltron said, you're dragging that foot. Like my left shoe tends to get way more wear than my right because I never drag my right foot. You'll probably notice how you drag your left foot once you play again.

Dopke
04-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Staedtler got it straight on. I got that in my barricades before and had no idea how I could wear that part out, but I eventually figured it was my forehand stretching out and dragging the left along the ways. Pretty cool I think :P

N4n45h1
04-27-2007, 07:38 AM
i wore through a pair of shoes right there in 10 days because of the whole foot dragging thing, the shoes were really undurable as well. i decided to go with the air resolve plus this time with the whole court armor xD

polea
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
thanks guys!!!
i think the problem is exactly what you described. i use to slide to reach some wide or short balls and i must be dragging my left foot.
i usually take the shoes to a repair service and they put some leather on it. with this i can use the shoe a month or so.
the best shoes for this problem was the diadora that gaudio and ljubicic used to wear (the one in gray and black color) cause it got a kind of hard material in this critical zone.
i recently bought the ones i put on the picture above (cause i dont really like the shoes that are not 80% white at least) but i didn´t use them yet.

thanks!!!!

staedtler
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
You could possibly buy some Shoe Goo, and put some on the area where the shoe gets the most wear and tear. Thats what Im thinking about doing, because its ridiculous for me to have one shoe have a little more life than the other.

mrHan
04-27-2007, 12:23 PM
2 Words... Duct Tape!

kingdaddy41788
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Haha I've got all kinds of side-holes on my shoes from sliding on hard courts (I'm fast and a little crazy). Mostly it's from sliding to get to drop shots and dragging my left foot behind me as I hit a backhand drop reply barely over the net.

imsoaznwashed
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
barricades are reinforced there so that holes like that aren't created..i dont know about other shoes, but barricades stoppe that problem.

Chip n' charge
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The same thing happens to my addidas feathers. The hole is formed by sliding on the clay. The Babolat shoes are even worse. I give their rackets a thumbs up and their shoes a thumbs down.