PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Asics Gel Resolution Men's Shoes

Chip n' charge
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSASICS-AGRESM.html

I have always been an addidas man but I go through them quite easily. I've had the barricades but thought they were too heavy, I've had the feathers and thought that they didn't have enough support for hard courts. So then I tried the Babolat Team All Court Roddick Men's Shoes. I went through a pair in a couple weeks. I have not given up on Addidas but I am still experimenting. My latest victim is the Asics Gel Resolution Men's Shoe.

Any thoughts on this shoe?....Good......Bad.....Indifferent.

bigbanger
04-27-2007, 06:22 PM
My latest victim is the Asics Gel Resolution Men's Shoe.

Any thoughts on this shoe?....Good......Bad.....Indifferent.

I just bought a pair of these shoes about 3 weeks ago and I love them! Very light, but much better support than the Feathers (which are primarily clay court shoes). Cushioning is great too, and the ride is nice and low to the ground. I've worn the Barricade IIs and IVs and the Yonex SHT-305 (which is also a great shoe), but I think the Gel Resolutions are the best of the lot. They also seem to be holding up on hard courts very well, showing little sign of wear at this point. I really like the look of them too, although that's a subjective thing. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Gel Resolutions and will definitely buy them again.

-- bb

Mike Danger
04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Um I didnt think they were anything special aside from looks. They are not exceptionally cushioned, and after about an hour the top of my pinky toe is on FIRE! last time got a blister!
They are ok, but I like the Diadora Speeds as my favorite by far.
I used to wear nikes but they too kill my pinky toe, but Id pick nikes over the asics if I could wear them. I expected more from asics, my first and last pair.

SO if you need a pair in size 12.5 you can havem for $60

courtrage
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
i tried them on and i liked them...they have a 6 month warranty offered by another online store so maybe see if TW can match that warranty...

rabidcow
04-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I like an earlier poster got them about three weeks ago, making a shift from the feathers due to durability issues. The shoes actually feel relatively the same, a little wider, with more support. Very light and low to the ground. If your concerned about durability they can be purchased with a warranty from h o l a b i r d sports.com

Chip n' charge
04-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll give them a try.

Caswell
04-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I love them. I wear Asics running and tennis shoes because they were recommended to me after a gait analysis, and these are my favorite so far.

Very light weight (especially compared to my previous Gel Icons) and good support for my mild pronation. The toe box is a little narrow - I live with that because every thing else is perfect for my feet.

steveq81
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Purchased a pair this spring, and found them to be quite comfortable.

However, I'm a longtime Barricade II user and for me the Barricades offer better support on the court so I'm sticking with them. The Resolutions have moved from court use to street use, and they are fine and dandy for that.