PDA

View Full Version : Too bad no Vapor IV style like this...

carrwash13
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Just read the TW review of the Nike IV and they had a cool picture of a Vapor that I'm assuming was never made or was a prototype computer drawing. They were always a little plain to me but the mix of colors and the fading in the plastic piece look sweet. What do you guys think?

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/reviews/vaporiv-3.jpg

Fedal07
04-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah I agree. Looks a heap better then the final product.

califsurferboy33
04-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I wish the vapor 4's had some color on the tongue. They look really odd with just color on the side. its like a painting that they just kept painting over and over. the color scheme is all messed up. like with the vapor speeds, the color scheme went thoughout the shoe, with the vapor 4's its just on the sides and then everything else is grey. i hate it

carrwash13
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't understand how people on this board can pick out a good looking shoe vs a bad looking shoe and a Nike Footwear designer can't. It would seem with one panel of tennis players they could improve the designs / colors drastically. It baffles me...I can look at the vapor IV federer actually wears and instantly tell the plastic piece design on his looks way better than the clunky retail version and I can also look at the pic above and tell that it's a more visually appealing shoe......why can't they?

MMkay5
04-28-2007, 05:26 AM
thats basically wat the shoe looks like rigth now

Azzurri
04-28-2007, 09:00 AM
I admit, seems like such a small change, but it really makes a difference. I like the shoe the way its pictured, but not the model taht is sold now.

As for Nike design department...their shoes have gotten uglier and uglier (not only what I think, but have heard many grumblings) over the years. In the Vapor line, the 2 was nice, the rest ar crap looking.

Voltron
04-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm not usually a big fan of Nike shoes (Looks and they don't fit me well) but this design is dead sexy.

carrwash13
04-28-2007, 09:12 AM
thats basically wat the shoe looks like rigth now

"Basically" being the key word. The plastic piece fades in color which really adds a different look considering it covers a lot of the surface area of the shoe. Also, the addition of both blues and blacks makes it more agressive looking.

stormholloway
04-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I think the Vapor IV is the sharpest looking shoe on the market. Post a better looking shoe please.

BreakPoint
04-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I actually think the Vapor IV is the best looking Vapor shoe yet. I have the Vapor 3's and I think they look pretty sharp also, but he Vapor Speeds (2's) just never appealed to me mostly because the uppers looked and felt like they were made of a thin cardboard with pimples on it.