PDA

View Full Version : where can i find Michael Chang's video

top_amateur
04-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I really want to watch some past games of Michael Chang, especially his amazing performance at 1989's Roland Garros. Where can i download the videos? or is there any DVD in the market?

Eddie Brock
04-28-2007, 08:34 AM
I know you can find some clips on youtube. Do a search for Michael Chang.

laurie
04-28-2007, 09:24 AM
I really want to watch some past games of Michael Chang, especially his amazing performance at 1989's Roland Garros. Where can i download the videos? or is there any DVD in the market?

It's on my website right now.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0018.html

blubber
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks again for the great clips Laurie. I really enjoyed watching Chang-Edberg. I always wanted to see highlights of this match.

It was impressive for Edberg to make it as far as he did on clay with his attacking serve and volley style, but he should have beat Chang. 25 break chances and he only converted on 6.

Credit has to be given to Chang for never giving up.

andreh
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Another great Edberg-Chang 5-set match is the USO SF 92.

chiru
04-28-2007, 10:40 AM
i donno where to find his video, but i know where to find chang. apparently he goes to school at one of the schools in my D-3 conference fro tennis. thank GOD he doesn't play (we ended up beating them woohoo).

zapvor
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
i donno where to find his video, but i know where to find chang. apparently he goes to school at one of the schools in my D-3 conference fro tennis. thank GOD he doesn't play (we ended up beating them woohoo).

what???he goes to your school?

goober
04-28-2007, 08:59 PM
what???he goes to your school?
Chang is studying theology at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University in La Mirada, Calif

zapvor
04-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Chang is studying theology at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University in La Mirada, Calif

oh wow....interesting.

BodegaBay
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM

Interesting but not so surprising. He's always mentioned G-O-D in his post match interviews from mid to end of his career.

zapvor
04-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Interesting but not so surprising. He's always mentioned G-O-D in his post match interviews from mid to end of his career.

yea true. also, interesting that hes not married!

BodegaBay
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I respected Chang's tenacity and counter-puncher style of play. However, I absolutely detested when credited GOD for his wins but never credited the opponent for when he lost -- it was always GOD didn't intend it to be (or something of the sort). Sure he was stubborn but he was not the most gracious in his losses.

tenniko
04-30-2007, 04:59 AM

Biola is D3? Isn't it some special division? ( I forgot which but I know a guy from the team )

thanu
05-13-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Chang is married. I'm 90% sure... I read it somewhere (I don't feel like doing a search now), but I would bet money on it that he's married... I remember seeing a pic of him with his daughter. He's also coaching Ai Sugyiami (spelling?).

Thanu

goober
05-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Chang is married. I'm 90% sure... I read it somewhere (I don't feel like doing a search now), but I would bet money on it that he's married... I remember seeing a pic of him with his daughter. He's also coaching Ai Sugyiami (spelling?).

Thanu

His brother is married with three daughters. I am pretty sure Michael is not. His current family photo on the Chang family website only includes Carl's wife, daughters and his parents.

Ai Sugiyama trains in Japan and still lists her mother Fusako as her coach on her official website. I don't see how Michael chang could possibly coach her on a regular basis. The only thing I ever heard about Chang interest in coaching was in developing tennis in China where he got turned down by the government.

BodegaBay
05-13-2007, 10:56 AM
When in doubt, Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chang) it.

zapvor
05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
His brother is married with three daughters. I am pretty sure Michael is not. His current family photo on the Chang family website only includes Carl's wife, daughters and his parents.

Ai Sugiyama trains in Japan and still lists her mother Fusako as her coach on her official website. I don't see how Michael chang could possibly coach her on a regular basis. The only thing I ever heard about Chang interest in coaching was in developing tennis in China where he got turned down by the government.

yea thats my understanding too. about chang. i dont know anything about Ai. except shes somewhat kawaii:P

thanu
05-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Look up Michael Chang on getty images, and there are a few pictures of him watching Ai.. here's the text from one of the pics:
Sony Ericsson Open - Day 3
MIAMI - MARCH 23: Former tennis star Michael Chang looks on as he watches Ai Sugiyama of Japan, who Chang currently coaches, play Anastasiya Yakimova of Belarus during day three at the 2007 Sony Ericsson Open at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park on March 23, 2007 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)

I remember seeing a picture of Chang and his daughter somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Thanu

goober
05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Look up Michael Chang on getty images, and there are a few pictures of him watching Ai.. here's the text from one of the pics:
Sony Ericsson Open - Day 3
MIAMI - MARCH 23: Former tennis star Michael Chang looks on as he watches Ai Sugiyama of Japan, who Chang currently coaches, play Anastasiya Yakimova of Belarus during day three at the 2007 Sony Ericsson Open at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park on March 23, 2007 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)

I remember seeing a picture of Chang and his daughter somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Thanu

Well apparently if Chang did coach Sugiyama it was a short term thing as I suspected. He is now coaching Peng Shuai full time and wants to open a tennis academy in China.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/04/25/sports/figueroa/20_35_234_24_07.txt

Instead, he's [Chang] working full-time with 21-year-old Shuai Peng, who's ranked No. 32 on the WTA Tour and is expected to play for China in the 2008 Summer Games.

"She's made great progress, and hopefully her game will get to the next level very soon," said Chang, who also plans to open a tennis academy in China. "At the professional level, sometimes it doesn't take a whole lot of a difference between winning a match and losing a match. And if I can give her some knowledge and help her understand the game that is best suited for her style, then I think she'll really do well and challenge the best players in the world."

BreakPoint
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Chang is married. I'm 90% sure... I read it somewhere (I don't feel like doing a search now), but I would bet money on it that he's married... I remember seeing a pic of him with his daughter.

I don't think he's married. In fact, he admits to still being a virgin. :-o

snoopy
05-13-2007, 09:14 PM
looks like he turned Kirk Cameron into a religious nut too (j/k)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/73/230358950_fdb247badc.jpg?v=0

Pete Semper
05-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Back to the real subject of the thread...u can find Chang's matches at *********.net