PDA

View Full Version : Nadal style of playing

monkeyisland90
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I really enjoy watching Nadal play with his heavy topspin, grunts, power, movement, running down every ball and pretty much his full speed type of playing. Now I'm no Nadal but I use a full western grip (No haters:) ) and pretty much try to hit like him and go to extremes for every ball (though i will never be able to hit or move like him.. just makes it more fun for me .. ) . I think why I do that also is because I have low attention span and for me to be alert more is to play with such intensity or i start daydreaming or something during a match. But Nadal is what like 20 years old now, do you think he will be playing like this 10 years from now (if injuries don't get a hold of him). Seeing him in action is quite amazing, but seems like it's taking a lot of toll on his body? Or since his playing style is pretty extreme, will it be short lived?

So pretty much if Nadal was to retire from atp tour and join the outback championship tour (35 and over??) how do you think he will do? I guess not very good question since others in the outback tour will be losing much there power, speed, agility etc also... he'll still be able to counterpunch like crazy.

Nadal_Freak
04-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Nadal will be 30 in 10 years from now. Yeah his prime years are the next 5 years imo. After that he will slowly decline.

kanjii
04-29-2007, 01:12 AM
I think Nadal would burnout before he reaches 30. Or retire with the greatest clay court record and the number 1 seed.If he changes his style of play, he may last a few more years. He may need to on faster surfaces, hit more flat, play like Michael Chang since he has the speed.