PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel

monkeyisland90
04-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I like watching men's atp tour on tennis channel but how come tennis channel shows atp tour majority of the time (well right now seems like 100% of the time).. and never divide it to show women's wta tour.. I'm a guy and I like watching females play, (especially when they get frustrated and talk to themselves.. it's cute to watch).

jkonecne
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm not really sure. A good part of it may be just that mens tennis is more popular.

kimizz
04-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Im not sure but I think the the wta sony ericsson open tour is only sold as a package to broadcasters. If this is true, broadcasting single events from WTA SE is really expensive.

Eurosports(my source for tennis) has AO,RG,USO+wta tour. They only show few atp events in a year(dubai semis+final,valencia). Ive really wondered why they cant divide the competitions, with all this equity crap between men and women. This is the reason I think Sony Ericsson has some stupid package contract. Eurosport bought the wta crap and now we dont have atp at all.

35ft6
04-29-2007, 02:51 AM
I'd like to go on the record as saying that I'd rather watch WTA tennis than squash, raquetball, or pin pong any day.

maneater
04-29-2007, 07:26 AM
im not complaining...im a girl ;)