PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya-Hopkins

Kevin Patrick
09-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. De La Hoya is a 2-1 underdog, & the media is making it sound like much more of a total mismatch. I saw their previous fights in June & am inclined to agree. Anyone think Oscar can shock the world? Regardless this is one of the more anticipated fights in recent years. Boxing gets bashed as much as tennis, this fight is really great for the sport even if it turns out to be a dud.

Aus Mosis
09-18-2004, 03:45 AM
yeh i was wondering why the golden boy is so far fetched to win this match, I can see a definite upset happening, might put abit of money on it as well. As for boxing being doing as bad as tennis, I think this is quite untrue, boxing is at a much better state than tennis is right now

Kevin T
09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Hopkins said he gave De La Hoya "Hopkins sauce with sliced liver". Classic!! Those hooks to the body were brutal. He gave props to Oscar for bringing the fight to him, though. Oscar's one of the few media darling/pretty boy types in recent history that could also bring the thunder. No shame in that loss. That was a big jump up in weight class. "The Executioner" is undoubtedly the best middleweight since "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler, IMHO.