PDA

View Full Version : Fischer M Speed Pro # 1 NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Tennis16
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
I just recently purchased this racket(12 oz. version strung with NXT tour 16 @ 54 lbs), and I love the way it plays except it really lacks power. Anyone have any suggestions on either another Fischer racket or possibly a different string setup for incresed power ? Also if anyone has played both the 12oz., and 11oz version of this racket was the 11oz version anymore powerful ?
Thanks.

ollinger
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Trade or sell it. Buying a racquet with a flex rating of 58 or whatever is like saying "I make my own power and need NO HELP from the racquet," because you won't get any. If you need some pop, you really need look at racquets with a flex of 65 or higher generally, perhaps with some exceptions that we're bound to hear about here.

dltorre
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I am using Tecnifibre X1- Biphase 17 60 # on one of my Mspeed 12 oz, and
it gives me plenty of power with nice touch feel and control, durability is the problem, about 15 hrs.

Nextman916
04-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but if your using NXT Tour at 54lbs and you still feel you lack power wise, it might mean you dont have the ability to use this stick yet...The technique required to hit flat out winners took me a while to get used to also, you really have to line up your shots right and generate some good racquet head speed. When i first demoed i loved the feel which drew me in, if its just a little bit of power your earning for then add a bit of lead like me(although i added it more for stability purposes). But if your asking for PD-like power then forget it, one thing you could do is try the oversize which doesnt play nearly as large as suggested, packs more power.

Tennis16
04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Actually my arm and shoulder are really sore from this racket. It must be the static weight of 12 oz. I came from a 11 oz racket so I guess I am adjusting to the weight.

onkystomper
04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
The light version is no more powerful and i had mine strung with gut at 50 lbs and still did not have much power, it is the nature of the racket!

WhiteSox05CA
04-30-2007, 05:51 PM
String looser? I know the recomended range is from 50-70 lbs. If you're at 54 lbs. try lower.

Use a more powerful string? Power level is something that can be adjusted with strings.

austro
05-01-2007, 01:54 AM
There is no pwer issue with this racquet! That is a tennis myth...

latinking
05-01-2007, 06:17 AM
I don't have a power issue at all with this racket. I must be that you don't have long full strokes, I can see that if you don't swing long full strokes it being a problem, but other than that if you have the correct stroke ( for this racket) it has good pop. IMO

Aeropro master
06-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I dont understand why people keep on complaining about the power issue on the mpro 1 98. I am only 15 and I have been demoing this raquet for more than a week with gamma tnt2 at 62. I can hit harder than I can with it than my pure drive 107 with pro hurricane tour 16 at 60.

hoosierbr
06-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I had an interesting experience hitting this racquet and even included it in a comparative review I did with the DNX9, NCode 6.1 95 and O3 Tour Mid. You can look for it if you're interested in my full thoughts.

To sum it up, I found it had nice pop and great placement on serve, nice touch on volleys but very lacking in power off the ground. However, the TW demo was strung at about 61 lbs with NXT and I think my natural setup of all gut in the low 50's would give me the extra power I desire. The good news is that control is paramount so you can take big, full cuts at the ball and not worry about overhitting.

Still, I prefer a stiffness of between 62-65, firm but not stiff. I'm a serve-and-volleyer and need a little extra power these days.