PDA

View Full Version : Adidas CC Boom 2's

NebAce1
04-30-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-CCBMB.html

What are the Adidas CC Boom 2's like. I see that they are not very expensive, and they are very light. Does anyone here have them? Thanks.

kingdaddy41788
04-30-2007, 08:44 AM
they're very comfortable, though not durable.

rabidcow
04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
In my opinion they are a lower quality feather

kingdaddy41788
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
They're actually a hard court version of the feather, as the feather is intended for clay courts (you can tell from the sole).

NebAce1
05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Can you wear them on clay courts though? And would you recomend them? And are they okay for slightly wider feet?

Hokiez
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I just bought them and have only played them on hard courts thus far and they were quite good. Too soon to tell on wear. I would not recommend them for wide feet as they are snug on my mildly narrow feet.

I've got a clay court match tonight, I'll report back after that.

NebAce1
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks.

(10 Characters)

Hokiez
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I like the shoes on clay as well. They are very light and comfortable. They have good but not great grip, but they were good enough for me to blow the other guy off the court (6-0, 6-1 and it wasn't that close) and I tracked down a ton of balls which isn't unusual, but I think I got to them a step sooner.

bookem
05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
CC Boom IIs lasted approx 6 weeks for me. I play on hard courts daily anywhere from 2-4 hours on weekdays and 6-7 hours on weekends.

Ventilation was GREAT. Cushioning was improved by replacing the insoles and also wearing ThorLos. Slight rolling. Aside from the normal wear spots on the outsole, I also noted the upper separating from the lower along the inner side seam (usually where it's glued).

FYI, I've also tried BIIs, BIIIs, and my current shoe for tourneys-- BIVs. I've tried Feathers, Clima Cools, and the (ugh) Tirand.

I may just go back to the BIIs as practice shoes.

Hokiez
05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
My god. I'm lucky if I get in 4-6 hours/week. If they lasted 6 weeks at that rate, they might just last me a lifetime!

choth21
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I just wore these shoes for the first time. After being a long-time Feather wearer, I decided to switch because I was tired of being scared to death of twisting my ankle. Anyway, the CC Booms are great. I"m very happy with them. They feel really light, very well ventilated, and most importantly, *stable*. I played on a hard court today, not once did I have any trepidation about my lateral movement on the court.

And the price is really great. Since today was my 1st time wearing them, I can't comment on durability yet, but I hope these last me a while..

4.5 player here...

NebAce1
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Can anyone comment on the durability of the shoes?

Duzza
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
If it's good enough for Querrey, it's good enough for me.

forzainter
06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
CC Boom IIs lasted approx 6 weeks for me. I play on hard courts daily anywhere from 2-4 hours on weekdays and 6-7 hours on weekends.

Ventilation was GREAT. Cushioning was improved by replacing the insoles and also wearing ThorLos. Slight rolling. Aside from the normal wear spots on the outsole, I also noted the upper separating from the lower along the inner side seam (usually where it's glued).

FYI, I've also tried BIIs, BIIIs, and my current shoe for tourneys-- BIVs. I've tried Feathers, Clima Cools, and the (ugh) Tirand.

I may just go back to the BIIs as practice shoes.

can i just ask, what do you do? you play tennis 2 - 4 hours on a weekday, do you have a job? or go to school? how do you find so much time for tennis?

bookem
06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Forzainter,

I was a corporatron for a while, primarily in finance. After several years of increasingly severe health problems (in my 20s!), I "lifestyled out" and deliberately slowed down. Left the City, moved to warmer climes and perpetual sunshine.

For now, I consult internationally with startups and problematic companies. Since I'm on my own, I structure my schedule to allow for my tennis passion yet address my clients. I'm lucky.

One thing I've learned: life's short and it's one thing to build the house and garden, quite another to live in it and smell the roses.

Oh, BTW, just finished on the CC Boom 2s and their breathability was better than the original Booms.

nasri_babolat_storm
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
can anybody comment on the durability of this shoe?

choth21
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
can anybody comment on the durability of this shoe?

I threw mine out yesterday. I play about 3-4 hours a week, on hard courts mostly and so my pair lasted about 4 months. Not the best durability time period, but these shoes are relatively inexpensive, and really did feel great. I like these much better than any of the feathers for hard courts.

rommil
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I have a pair in black, they are narrow but good ventilation and comfort. I just got mine about week ago and I will be rotating these with other shoes. I will make these black pair my version of Federer's all black ensemble.

LPShanet
10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
They're actually a hard court version of the feather, as the feather is intended for clay courts (you can tell from the sole).

rabidcow is correct, though. They're a "takedown" from the feather, not just an equal hardcourt version.