PDA

View Full Version : MW 200g users

vkartikv
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone else out there besides me? Anyone tried an all poly setup? I did (redcode 16g) just out of curiosity and it just stiffened up the stringbed (55 lbs, which is 2 lbs lower than my normal). I am sticking with my tnt2 pro plus setup. Post your setup here.

jm4121
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I used full SPPP 17 between 60-62 lbs in my MW's for a long time and was very happy with it. All areas were improved except for volleys - they went from sharp to dead. However, flat and kick serves were amazing, and groundstrokes were ridiculousy good. I have since stopped using any type of all poly setup, as it tends to aggravate my wrist tendonitis. I just tried Poly Polar 17 mains/Gamma Asteriks crosses @ 60/62 lbs. I have played 3 times and love the pop on serves, but it may be too much pop on groundies. It is a very comfortable set up.

If you want to try a full poly set up, I would recommend a soft poly in 17 gauge (SPPP, Poly Polar, etc.).

mileslong
04-30-2007, 08:47 PM
i have typically used a 17 gauge gut in the mains and a 17 gauge synthetic in the crosses for a long time. i recently started to experiment and i put in 18 gauge NRG2 and lowered the tension to 58 lbs mains and 56lbs crosses and it improved its playablility. im now going to try my latest setup that i use in my AG200 which is a full poly job of 18 gauge luxilon ace at 56lbs mains and 54lbs crosses.

i will post the results after i have played with it.

jayserinos99
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I hit with them for a bit. I didn't have poly in them but some multi (can't remember which) at a higher tension that what I was used to (possibly over 55 lbs). I could hit out and the ball would go in. Had I kept my MW200Gs, I would have gone with Biphase 17 at 53 lbs; something a bit looser for a little more control and a stringbed that would give a bit more.

Bent
04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I have 3 on top of my closet, but moved to POG mids last year.

My setup was TF Ematrix or Bow gut. 28 kg. Didn't like poly in this 18x20 frame.

Samperer
05-01-2007, 04:32 AM
I have one set up with bab hurricane and another poly (cant remember which!), nice racket, but i use my aerogel100's now.

Ive got the m-fil, muscle weave , and hot melt so need a few more to complete the 200 collection!

Milano
05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Have a question about the MW 200. Where did you buy yours and if you dont mind me asking, for how much?

Just wondering because I use the MF 300 right now and demoed the AG 200 which I loved, but its kind of pricey.

So I am in a debate between going for the MF200 and maybe not liking it, dishing out for the AG 200 or try the MW200 which I may like more as many people said it is the closest of the 200 series to the Aerogel.

Thanks!

Pleepers
05-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I used to play with Luxilon ALU on the mains and Wilson sensation on the crosses strung ~58 lbs. I would also apply a single layer of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock (about 3-4 inches) pretty sweet setup!

mileslong
05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
So I am in a debate between going for the MF200 and maybe not liking it, dishing out for the AG 200 or try the MW200 which I may like more as many people said it is the closest of the 200 series to the Aerogel.
i would go with the MW200 or the AG200 over the MFil personally. i have owned every 200 series and i like the MW and the AG the best of the bunch.

i have an AG100 on its way here and i cant wait to test it out and see what sting setup works best in it.

vkartikv
05-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I got my *** from fellow tw members. The mfil felt too metallic to me and the sw is just too much to handle over long periods of time. I don't understand why they can't be consistent with their specs over different models.

bertrevert
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
I reckon some of these setups are amazing: poly in the MW, gulp! Add lead to the MW, whaaaat! String it at 62, sheesh!

What a frame, I'm ashamed I sold mine for some filthy lucre.

Am now with the 300g these days but am just salivating at those new models... wondering if I can get a 16x19 AG200G.

They have changed the characteristics of the 200g all along, but you could see it as healthy expermentation (within confines) rather than annoying variation of its DNA.

Milano
05-01-2007, 05:48 PM
i would go with the MW200 or the AG200 over the MFil personally. i have owned every 200 series and i like the MW and the AG the best of the bunch.

i have an AG100 on its way here and i cant wait to test it out and see what sting setup works best in it.

Thanks. Your review was one of the main reasons I demoed the Ag 200. I guess whenever I can get enough money or find another MW on the forums I will pick one up.

frekcles
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I got my *** from fellow tw members. The mfil felt too metallic to me and the sw is just too much to handle over long periods of time. I don't understand why they can't be consistent with their specs over different models.

Got any 6/10 or 7/10 condition ones you'd like to sell me? After reading through all the MW 200G threads I'm curious now.:D

It's okay if you don't.;)

vkartikv
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Got any 6/10 or 7/10 condition ones you'd like to sell me? After reading through all the MW 200G threads I'm curious now.:D

It's okay if you don't.;)

Typically I'd say give me a few weeks and I will grow out of it and you can buy them then but I have been using these for 2 months with solid results and a lot of enjoyment so I'd have to refuse. If the magic ever wears off you'll be the first on the list :)

vkartikv
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I must say, there is a world of difference b/w putting a leather grip and a synthetic grip on this racquet. I have pacific leather grip on all my *** and the feel is unmatched.

frekcles
05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Typically I'd say give me a few weeks and I will grow out of it and you can buy them then but I have been using these for 2 months with solid results and a lot of enjoyment so I'd have to refuse. If the magic ever wears off you'll be the first on the list :)

Not a problem. Keep me posted.