PDA

View Full Version : Nike Retro Air Tech Challenge....can you play in them?

carrwash13
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
So I'm thinking about buying some of the yellow agassi shoes from the 90's that Nike just retro'd. The Nike Air Tech Challenge. Are they meant to be played in though because that's the only thing I'd use them for? Or is it an injury waiting to happen?

stormholloway
04-30-2007, 07:11 PM
There's a lot of support. They're almost high tops it seems. Plenty of cushioning with the max air too. Of course you can play in them. Andre did.

Nextman916
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Ive had these since the day they came out. Any shop in your area with a nike urban account with carry them, i think finishline may have them as well, kinda wierd since they seem to be the only retail store that does...The shoe itself is nice and cushioned by not by any means a tennis shoe by modern standards. Ive thought about playing in them, but the sole feels HUGE and very thick(not flexy), the uppers feel cushioned but stale, the whole wrap of the shoe seems rather flimsy. Upon comparison with modern nike or adidas tennis shoes its just not worth playing in, especially with a $99 price tag. Maybe if you want to feel like agassi...or your yearning for that classic vintage feel you grew up with...but nope sir not for me. For me they get sported with some jeans and a classic nike windbreaker.

Douggo
05-01-2007, 07:17 AM
TW has stated before that they are not carrying the shoes because they are essentially fashion shoes, not tennis shoes.

Sinner
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
but the problem I had with these back then was that the toe-guard started to tear away from the shoe after a while... chances are, it'll be the same for these...