PDA

View Full Version : I Love Canas.......

bagung
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
CANAS MAKES THE YEAR OF 2007 MORE EXCITING......
he beat federer twice... it is good example to the rest of atp players...
most player except nadal and canas, just freak out when they play against the great federer.
with federer not winning any of atp master yet in 2007, and lost twice to canas and once to nadal, it means that federer can be beaten too by other pros...
:p

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
totally, because federer didnt lose a set in the AO, we should be scared

TennisandMusic
04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
totally, because federer didnt lose a set in the AO, we should be scared

WE? Why should you be scared about who plays Federer? :p

Nadal_Freak
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah they've shown the way on how to beat Federer. You can't overpower him but you have to be a grinder and when given the opportunity able to finish points. Make Federer hit high backhands. Unfortunately these are the only 2 players that play this way at a high level.

stormholloway
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
In fairness to Federer, he's in a slump.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
WE? Why should you be scared about who plays Federer? :p

ey, i dont sweat you.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
In fairness to Federer, he's in a slump.

making it in a final isnt really a slump, jsut cuz hes number 1, but still, no

Defcon
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I like Canas because -

1. I don't believe for a moment that his suspension was valid. He was made an example of and it took a lot of guts and effort for him to come back like he did.

2. Everybody rags on him for his 'pusher' game, but he's the perfect example of making the most you got. Its his last chance and he plays like it.

3. He seems like a really well liked guy with a lot of heart, great attitude and sense of humor.

stormholloway
04-30-2007, 09:49 PM
making it in a final isnt really a slump, jsut cuz hes number 1, but still, no

It's a slump when you're Federer. Doesn't mean he's slumping badly, but he can play better. He went 5 sets in Rome last year. Monte Carlo was a poor showing. He struggled with some relatively easy competition at MC.

stormholloway
04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I like Canas because -

1. I don't believe for a moment that his suspension was valid. He was made an example of and it took a lot of guts and effort for him to come back like he did.

2. Everybody rags on him for his 'pusher' game, but he's the perfect example of making the most you got. Its his last chance and he plays like it.

3. He seems like a really well liked guy with a lot of heart, great attitude and sense of humor.

Agreed. Americans tend to overblow the steroid thing. We don't know what he took or how much, but it doesn't matter.

To come back after that and, in my opinion, be a clear top 5 player is amazing. He's very likeable and an Argentine to boot. What's not to like...

Nadal_Freak
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
It's a slump when you're Federer. Doesn't mean he's slumping badly, but he can play better. He went 5 sets in Rome last year. Monte Carlo was a poor showing. He struggled with some relatively easy competition at MC.
Especially with Ferrer and Ferrero. What a slump. Knocking those players in straight sets including a bagel. Man it is funny what excuses people make to knock down what Nadal did.

FarFed
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Especially with Ferrer and Ferrero. What a slump. Knocking those players in straight sets including a bagel. Man it is funny what excuses people make to knock down what Nadal did.

To knock down what Nadal did? Shouldn't that read:Federer?

Nadal_Freak
04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
To knock down that Nadal did? Shouldn't that read:Federer?
What Nadal did to Federer. lol

FarFed
04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
What Nadal did to Federer. lol

I don't understand your point. Especially this:

Knocking those players in straight sets including a bagel

Let me try to understand, are you saying that Federer beating Ferrer and Ferrero in straight sets and bageling one of them is proof of Federer's slump?

Nadal_Freak
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't understand your point. Especially this:

Let me try to understand, are you saying that Federer beating Ferrer is Ferrero in straight sets and bageling one of them is proof of Federer's slump?
It means that Federer was NOT in a slump. He played the way he usually plays and Nadal beat him. Nadal is just at another level on clay to everyone else. Even Federer.

FarFed
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Okay, got it.

It means that Federer was NOT in a slump. He played the way he usually plays and Nadal beat him. Nadal is just at another level on clay to everyone else. Even Federer.

stormholloway
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM

Ferrero should have taken the first set with the lead he had.

Nadal is great, but if you think Federer was even close to playing his best tennis then think again.

Nadal_Freak
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Ferrero should have taken the first set with the lead he had.

Nadal is great, but if you think Federer was even close to playing his best tennis then think again.
I agree that we wasn't at his best but he wasn't in a slump. His slump was IW and Miami. I could also say at Rome Nadal was not playing his top game. Right now Nadal is clearly playing better than what he did at Rome last year. He is much more aggresive now which just makes him that much harder to beat on clay.

onkystomper
05-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Nadal was miles ahead of federer in MC but neither were at full capacity. I think federer was further away than nadal was but Rome is another tournament with slightly different clay.

SHould be interesting

bagung
05-01-2007, 04:34 AM
nadal on clay is like federer on grass.....
untouchable

Andres
05-01-2007, 04:45 AM
nadal on clay is like federer on grass.....
untouchable
Federer is more vulnerable on grass than Nadal on clay, in my opinion
Rochus wasted two match points against Fed on grass last year, right before Wimby. And Rochus isn't... exactly... a legendary grasscourter.