PDA

View Full Version : paradorn schricipan: proof that money = power = women

Young Pete
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
ne1 wanna comment.

isuk@tennis
04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
he's not that rich compared to other people in pro tennis or sports in general. he has money but not that much where it commands power.
i say it's something else about him that got the girl

JohnMatrix
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
HAHA, that title made me laugh. I agree with it though. He doesnt need BILLIONS of dollars, im sure he has made a mill at least by now. But more so I think he gets the women because of his status. He is huge in Thailand and certain women love status.

OrangeOne
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Geez, just because someone marries someone pretty means it must be money? She's a former miss-universe, she'd have some coin herself.

He's successful on a world-scale, comes across as intelligent and polite when interviewed, motivated, fit, good looking, and not poor. Such people usually marry similar people. It's the way things work. To suggest he got the girl solely with his bank balance is ludicrous.

kingdaddy41788
04-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Geez, just because someone marries someone pretty means it must be money? She's a former miss-universe, she'd have some coin herself.

He's successful, motivated, fit, good looking, and not poor. Such people usually marry similar people. It's the way things work. To suggest he got the girl with his bank balance is ludicrous.

I completely agree.

wyutani
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
he should've pick tata young.

Slazenger
04-30-2007, 11:15 PM
One of the best things in this life is being with a woman who loved you before you made it, when you were broke without a job, struggling to get through college. Who loves you unconditionally solely for who you are.

I wish Paradorn this.

Kobble
04-30-2007, 11:53 PM
No doubt, Slazenger.

35ft6
05-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Dude, Paradorn is a stud. He's a genetic freak. Up there with Safin and Nadal. If Michael Chang got a girl like that, I would agree it's money and fame, but Paradorn would get play even if he was some working stiff.

caulcano
05-01-2007, 02:01 AM
he's not that rich compared to other people in pro tennis or sports in general. he has money but not that much where it commands power.

He's a national icon in his home country. So he does command power.

35ft6
05-01-2007, 03:45 AM
^ He's arguably "ugly sexy." Mick Jagger or Vincent Gallo type, but with a ridiculous body. The thing is if a girl finds him attractive, she's REALLY going to find him attractive because he's quite distinctive looking.

I wonder what the people of Thailand think of this, if they're a bit peeved he didn't marry a native.

Serve 'em hard
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM
^ He's arguably "ugly sexy." Mick Jagger or Vincent Gallo type

Vincent Gallo is similar to Mick Jagger on any level? Strange pairing.... Sorta like saying of a tennis player, "He's a Roger Federer or Paul Goldstein type".

Serve 'em hard
05-01-2007, 09:48 AM

Such as...?

BreakPoint
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey, what happened to Fedace's pics in this thread? :confused: ;)

fastdunn
05-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Beauty and the beast.

(does this mean a beautiful man (like me) would get a beast like wife ?)

edmondsm
05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
C'mon, I'm sure the guy is a smoothie. He can probably throw down too being from Thailand. That place is crazy.

Netbudda
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Paradorn commands big $$$ in his country where he has Michael Jordan Status....you can bet whatever you want that he is loaded.

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/?playernumber=S675

Already $ 3,500,000 in prize money.

isuk@tennis
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Such as...?

i don't know and im not going to guess

Tchocky
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Beauty and the beast.

(does this mean a beautiful man (like me) would get a beast like wife ?)

We can only hope so.

spadesss
05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
in asian countries, especially in his homeland, he would never ever have to paid or expect to paid for anything. its like he is being paid to eat out at fancy places and have tailor made suits (like that Hilton girl). he is a walking billboard. i guessed he got the looks, tall man for an asian dude, and he is buddy with the king. what else do you want outside of tennis?

isuk@tennis
05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
We can only hope so.

lol :lol:
lol

Aykhan Mammadov
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
What about is this thread ?

Such a question really could be asked by somebody young and resembled me Pete when he was Young and won first big money.

Fedace
05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
ne1 wanna comment.

I don't know why my pics got deleated?? I was trying to prove, that it is not money that miss. Universe is marrying paradorn for. It is his charms and good looks. I have several asian friends that are dating beautiful white girls and they are just poor college students. :D Young pete, i have already shown you the pics. so i proved my point.

rommil
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
ne1 wanna comment.
We need more cases to examine. Post a pic of you and your woman and maybe we can comment.

anirut
05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
in asian countries, especially in his homeland, he would never ever have to paid or expect to paid for anything. its like he is being paid to eat out at fancy places and have tailor made suits (like that Hilton girl). he is a walking billboard. i guessed he got the looks, tall man for an asian dude, and he is buddy with the king. what else do you want outside of tennis?

First off, I'd like to comment on the Red & Bold line.

NO ONE, EVER, WOULD DARE CLAIM THAT BUDDY STATUS. PERIOD.

For those who have no idea what our Beloved King is like, may I say he's a living saint.

You may think I'm over-board but I do challenge anyone to point out a present day king or queen who goes out in the fields, ever thinking of ways to better the lives of his people, especially the poor farmers. Walking miles in the sun through what were wastelands, carrying maps, finding ways to make it better. And SUCCEED.

Which palace in the world can you find laboratories, experimental farms, etc.? When I drive pass the palace I could smell cowdung at times.

Helping only the poor? No.

It is known that the King listens to police radio and, once, he heard two cops' conversation. One cop who was on duty at the police radio HQ or something said to the other that he has been on duty for a long while and still waiting for the next guy to come and take over, but still no sign of the other guy and he was very hungry.

The King ordered that a refrigerator loaded with "food" be located at that HQ. All his money, of course.

And there are countless incidents.

So, please, keep our King off talks. Thanks.

OrangeOne
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Anirut, your king sounds like a good guy and all, and you're clearly quite emotionally attached to him, but:

a. I don't think people were claiming that Paradorn would run around saying "I know the king".... it's perhaps more suggested as fame / status by association. Given your King is a massive amazing famous person, Paradorn even knowing him a little therefore gives Paradorn a little extra status.

b. I think we're surely still OK talking about your king? I don't see why we'd need to keep him 'off talks', especially given it seems he's a good royal, and they can be hard to find....

anirut
05-01-2007, 09:40 PM
No big deal, OrangeOne.

I just wanted to point out the minor point in spadesss's post.

Yes, "Ball" (Paradorn's nickname) has met the king in person but that's no buddy status. And this meeting doesn't give him any priviledge over others, at all, in Thai society.

MasterTS
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I showed some female friends the pictures of pdorn with natalie glebova...

They all commented: "wow that guy's ugly"

Straight from an prejudiced sources!

Fedace
05-02-2007, 02:08 AM
We need more cases to examine. Post a pic of you and your woman and maybe we can comment.

For some reason, the pics of my friends were deleated so i am not going to post any more pics, but just since you have asked, i will post my pic and my ex-girlfriend when i was much younger when i was in school. I think my ex is much better looking than miss. Universe, hahah. But my point is, it is love Not money that asian-white couples get together.

Sorry to Moderators, i won't post any more pics, and why was my previous pics deleated? You know what, i changed my mind, i deleted the pic just cause i don't want to make the mods upset. It is a nice cute picture. I can post it on mypic section if that is more appropriate ?

Fee
05-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Anyone who has met Paradorn would easily understand why any woman could fall for him. He is genuinely kind, has a wonderful serene quality about him, and he has a lovely smile. He always seemed to be fairly popular with his peers. I bet he would be a wonderful husband.

rommil
05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
For some reason, the pics of my friends were deleated so i am not going to post any more pics, but just since you have asked, i will post my pic and my ex-girlfriend when i was much younger when i was in school. I think my ex is much better looking than miss. Universe, hahah. But my point is, it is love Not money that asian-white couples get together.

Sorry to Moderators, i won't post any more pics, and why was my previous pics deleated? You know what, i changed my mind, i deleted the pic just cause i don't want to make the mods upset. It is a nice cute picture. I can post it on mypic section if that is more appropriate ?

I meant that statement for the OP.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I think Paradorn is Buddhist :D all Buddhists are nice maybe that's why he can pick this girl ;)

Grimjack
05-02-2007, 09:22 AM

You have clearly never been to Thailand. With $100 US dollars in your pocket, you can live like a Sultan for a week. Any income that amounts to more than about $50,000 US per year is an obscene amount of jack in that country, and gets all the perks big money can buy -- female included.

I know a number of freelance/telecommuter types who lived in and worked from Thailand, just because the cost of living was so awesomely low, but the standard of living any reasonable US salary could provide was positively royal.

A guy with P'dorn's clout could pretty much buy any woman he wanted.

isuk@tennis
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
You have clearly never been to Thailand.

i haven't been to thailand but i have been to vietnam:D
but yea in thailand he'll have alot of money for a big house and luxuries there. but he's only rich in a handfull of countries or countries that are still developing. mainly southeast asian countries. in the grand scheme of things he's not all that rich

tuk
05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
actually that would be kind of true if she was some sort of unknown hot chick looking for someone with fame and fortune but she is a former miss universe so she could have picked some other richer, better looking and more famous guy (like a movie star or even another tennis player) but she's marring Paradon so give the guy some credit....not that she would be with him if he wasn't famous or rich but that isn't the only reason either IMO....

Bjorn99
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
That was VERY interesting and UPLIFTING about the king of thailand. Keep it coming.

Fedace
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I meant that statement for the OP.

What is OP ? and do you want to see my ex-girlfriend ? I think you may get jelous if i showed you the pic. i think she is actually cuter than the Miss. Universe, my opinion. She was probably the hottest white girl i dated in the past.:grin:

dirkgnuf
05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
You have clearly never been to Thailand. With $100 US dollars in your pocket, you can live like a Sultan for a week. Any income that amounts to more than about $50,000 US per year is an obscene amount of jack in that country, and gets all the perks big money can buy -- female included.

I know a number of freelance/telecommuter types who lived in and worked from Thailand, just because the cost of living was so awesomely low, but the standard of living any reasonable US salary could provide was positively royal.

A guy with P'dorn's clout could pretty much buy any woman he wanted.

I'm sorry pal, but I'd have to beg to differ with your freelance/telecommuter types. Being a Thai-American, I have seen both east and west. As for $100 and living like a Sultan? I have to disagree, no hotel can treat you like a sultan for under $100.
I've lived in Thailand myself, and the cost of living(utilities, property) was high enough that I had to dry my clothes outside and skip the dryer. Perhaps back in the day things were cheaper, but I would strongly disagree that the cost of living is that low. I will say this, Thailand made stuff and food is cheap, but since so many things are imported, there's no way cost of living is as low as you state.
Also, although Paradorn is admired by many Thais, he's not that rich. He has maybe one Ferrari, and that probably set him back quite a bit. His advertisements and such have dropped. Maybe if Glebova had started dating him when he reached a career high, then I maybe I would agree. But he's 80ish or 70ish right now, and hasn't really been riding on the top of the tennis world.

OrangeOne
05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
but he's only rich in a handfull of countries or countries that are still developing. mainly southeast asian countries. in the grand scheme of things he's not all that rich

I so hope you're worth 100 million or some-such, and are thus in a position to talk. The dude has won a few million on the tennis tour, which for a 'westerner' would usually guarantee at least that much in endorsements. Except he has a unique market mostly to himself, he has been 'the' Asian male tennis player for a while. Meaning his endorsement value in certain markets would be massive levels above his normal potential.

And then there's appearance fees.

And then, and then, and then. Paradorn is likely much more weathly than you'd ever dream, and as long as he stays clean living and interesting, he'll be famous enough to multiply that wealth through the years.

I've lived in Thailand myself, and the cost of living(utilities, property) was high enough that I had to dry my clothes outside and skip the dryer. Perhaps back in the day things were cheaper, but I would strongly disagree that the cost of living is that low. I will say this, Thailand made stuff

Thailand doesn't make it's own electricity? ;)

Also, although Paradorn is admired by many Thais, he's not that rich. He has maybe one Ferrari, and that probably set him back quite a bit.

I'm sorry, but that's the most childish thing I've read for a while. Many of the wealthiest people feel no need to waste money... and having >1 Ferrari is indeed splurging for splurging's sake.

His advertisements and such have dropped. Maybe if Glebova had started dating him when he reached a career high, then I maybe I would agree. But he's 80ish or 70ish right now, and hasn't really been riding on the top of the tennis world.

You somehow think he has spent all of his money from his hey-day? Odd, when you say he has maybe only one Ferrari. "Big Brother / American Idol" style fame might be flash-in-the-pan, but fame on a multi-year tennis career level isn't flash-in-the-pan at all. He's hardly been playing at all this year, kinda explains a lower ranking really. Last year he came within points of beating Federer.

Honestly people, those who think that international mega-stars that have unique large markets at home aren't uber-wealthy and won't be for the foreseeable future are living in a dreamworld.

boughtmypoints
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I think it is a smart move for Paradorn (whom I count as a friend and "loong" to my son).

If he marries a Thai girl, he has to jump through hoops to marry a higher status one. This way, Paradorn can continue mixing with the Thai elite (who all speak English) without their looking down at the type of Thai girl he would most likely marry.

Paradorn's father will be greatly relieved not to have pay a dowry, as is the custom for MEN to pay in Thailand to their Thai fiancees.

Thailand does have a very low cost of living, especially if you wish to have servants. Paradorn is very well off but hardly in the billionaire elite with whom he now runs shoulders.

I hope that Paradorn can buck the odds and have an enduring, happy and fruitful marriage to his beauty queen.

dirkgnuf
05-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I so hope you're worth 100 million or some-such, and are thus in a position to talk. The dude has won a few million on the tennis tour, which for a 'westerner' would usually guarantee at least that much in endorsements. Except he has a unique market mostly to himself, he has been 'the' Asian male tennis player for a while. Meaning his endorsement value in certain markets would be massive levels above his normal potential.

And then there's appearance fees.

And then, and then, and then. Paradorn is likely much more weathly than you'd ever dream, and as long as he stays clean living and interesting, he'll be famous enough to multiply that wealth through the years.

Thailand doesn't make it's own electricity? ;)

I'm sorry, but that's the most childish thing I've read for a while. Many of the wealthiest people feel no need to waste money... and having >1 Ferrari is indeed splurging for splurging's sake.

You somehow think he has spent all of his money from his hey-day? Odd, when you say he has maybe only one Ferrari. "Big Brother / American Idol" style fame might be flash-in-the-pan, but fame on a multi-year tennis career level isn't flash-in-the-pan at all. He's hardly been playing at all this year, kinda explains a lower ranking really. Last year he came within points of beating Federer.

Honestly people, those who think that international mega-stars that have unique large markets at home aren't uber-wealthy and won't be for the foreseeable future are living in a dreamworld.

Orange One,
I respect your opinions but....

Maybe I should explain what I meant with the Ferrari quote.
Sime three years ago Paradorn was offered to be a spokesperson for Chevrolet Thailand or some car company. Whether he made it or not, I don't remember, but I do remember not long after that, as the story goes, he bought his Ferrari and thus lost his sponsorship with them, since he did not drive a Chevy. A Ferrari in Thailand is MUCH MUCH more expensive than what most Americans or Europeans would be accustomed with. Why is that? Simple, auto taxes. fuel taxes, engine taxes, and the list goes on. SO while he has made a lot of money, I can Assure you that by possesing one Ferrari in Thailand, he probably spent upwards of $800,000 US.
He was nowhere near close to eclipsing Federer, as you claimed, and as for living in a dreamworld,
I lived there(Bangkok) during Paradorn's peak years and got to how he was being marketed, what he was making, etc.

However, when I said he is not so rich, I admit I probably used the wrong words.
I should have rephrased it this way. Paradorn is not considered as uber-wealthy in Thailand if you compare him with the upper middle class. There are many, other stars, athletes etc, that eclipse him.
As for no electricity, if you were trying to make a joke, then that's fine. I just don't get it though. I clearly stated that due to high utility costs, VERY FEW people use dryers, and I am one of them. If living in Bangkok(elsewhere in the country will be different) was as cheap as some of the posters claim, I would use a dryer. This is not the only example, but one that I thought most people could realte to, If not, I apologize. I believe anirut may agree with some of what I have had to say.
And for those who think Paradorn is some rich arrogant tennis player, I've personally met him and his family numerous times, and he is probably one of the nicest, down-to-earth people I have ever met. He even gave me some autographed balls and pics when I jokingly asked for some.

boughtmypoints
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Orange One,
As for no electricity, if you were trying to make a joke, then that's fine. I just don't get it though. I clearly stated that due to high utility costs, VERY FEW people use dryers, and I am one of them.

Let's explain a few details here.

I'd wager that Dirk lived in a Bangkok apartment. Those apartments are notorious for marking up the cost of electricity that they they re-sell to their tenants. Typically, you'd pay $150 per month base rent and then you pay for laundry, telephone and electricity on top. If you're not careful, you end up running up another $150 in charges and Thais HATE spending money on anything intangible.

The main reason why Thais don't use clothes dryers is because it's so hot outside, clothes dry very quickly. However, if it happens to rain while the clothes are hanging outside, you really have to wash the clothes all over again as they will stink from the Bangkok acid rain.

Now I own a house in Thailand and utility costs are laughably small. And my ex insisted we get the big 10kg side by side washer and dryer setup. And I run my a/c 24/7 when I am in town! But when I was a renter, we had to be careful with utility costs for the reason stated above.

dirkgnuf
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I lived in/owned a condo unit, little outside of Bangkok, near the River.

OrangeOne
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
he bought his Ferrari and thus lost his sponsorship with them, since he did not drive a Chevy.

Well that's a shame, so many people trip up on sponsorship rules. Silly. I think Britney (? someone like her) stuffed up drinking coke when big-time sponsored by Pepsi. So silly.

I can Assure you that by possesing one Ferrari in Thailand, he probably spent upwards of $800,000 US.

Understood. I have heard about such taxes.

He was nowhere near close to eclipsing Federer, as you claimed,

Perhaps you mis-read or misunderstood my post? I mentioned that he came within a few points of beating Federer last year, I was referring to the match below, not the rankings or anything similar!:

2006 Basel (Carpet)
Semi-Final - Federer d Srichaphan 6-4 3-6 7-6 (5)

I should have rephrased it this way. Paradorn is not considered as uber-wealthy in Thailand if you compare him with the upper middle class. There are many, other stars, athletes etc, that eclipse him.

I see what you mean, I very much do.

Don't forget, though, that he has broader unique appeal throughout Asia, and probably made significant sums of money abroad too! Our cricket players here in Australia make millions of dollars in short trips to India, simply due to the size of the population and the dominance and importance of the game there!

As for no electricity, if you were trying to make a joke, then that's fine. I just don't get it though. I clearly stated that due to high utility costs, VERY FEW people use dryers, and I am one of them.

You said that Thai-made things were cheap, and I was joking because I figure electricity is Thai-made. Just a joke...

And for those who think Paradorn is some rich arrogant tennis player, I've personally met him and his family numerous times, and he is probably one of the nicest, down-to-earth people I have ever met. He even gave me some autographed balls and pics when I jokingly asked for some.

I can see that he's a nice guy, I read his blogs last year, and whilst I know that these can be faked, you can simply tell that they weren't. Doing his own washing, ringing his parents, etc etc - all things that a really good, down-to-earth guy does, not something a Safin / Hewitt would be caught doing, or at least admitting that they do.

I'd wager that Dirk lived in a Bangkok apartment. Those apartments are notorious for marking up the cost of electricity that they they re-sell to their tenants.

Makes sense.

Now I own a house in Thailand and utility costs are laughably small.

As I would have expected....

EasternRocks
05-02-2007, 05:11 PM
um....i would say he makes all of his money from all the other things not on the court...his wife is a million air!

isuk@tennis
05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I so hope you're worth 100 million or some-such, and are thus in a position to talk.

why would it matter how much im worth. would a dollar worth less if i'm poorer? or worth more if im richer, vice versa. a number is objective it's not subjective. it is either high or low. and 3 mill is not terribly high, it's high but not as high as you're making it up to be.

OrangeOne
05-03-2007, 03:48 AM
why would it matter how much im worth. would a dollar worth less if i'm poorer? or worth more if im richer, vice versa. a number is objective it's not subjective. it is either high or low. and 3 mill is not terribly high, it's high but not as high as you're making it up to be.

A dollar is not worth more or less, but you're talking big in a way that makes it seem, to you, Paradorn ain't worth much.

Who said anything about 3 million? 3.5 is his tennis earnings, and there'd be expenses to go with that. But you can count on quite a bit from appearance money, and then, I would think, 1 to 10 times his tennis earnings in endorsements. There is no way his net worth is only a few million.

Fedace
05-03-2007, 03:50 AM
A dollar is not worth more or less, but you're talking big in a way that makes it seem, to you, Paradorn ain't worth much.

Who said anything about 3 million? 3.5 is his tennis earnings, and there'd be expenses to go with that. But you can count on quite a bit from appearance money, and then, I would think, 1 to 10 times his tennis earnings in endorsements. There is no way his net worth is only a few million.

Yes he has made tons of money thru his endorsements too but Miss. Universe is in love with his good looks and personality Not his money.

Serve 'em hard
05-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Yes he has made tons of money thru his endorsements too but Miss. Universe is in love with his good looks and personality Not his money.

Not necessarily. It's also possible she's just looking for free tennis lessons.

rommil
05-03-2007, 07:45 AM
What is OP ? and do you want to see my ex-girlfriend ? I think you may get jelous if i showed you the pic. i think she is actually cuter than the Miss. Universe, my opinion. She was probably the hottest white girl i dated in the past.:grin:

OP-original poster. Jealous? No I'm not that kind of person. Besides, why would somebody be jealous of something you don't have?

Fedace
05-03-2007, 08:12 AM
OP-original poster. Jealous? No I'm not that kind of person. Besides, why would somebody be jealous of something you don't have?

HaHa, that is a good one, ok we did break up but we dated for 2 years and we were very much in love. So next time you see a asian dude with a white girl, don't be a hater, say something nice like, hey you guys make a cute couple or something like that. I only thought you might be jelous cause i dated a girl who i think is better looking than Miss. Universe.

rommil
05-03-2007, 08:20 AM
HaHa, that is a good one, ok we did break up but we dated for 2 years and we were very much in love. So next time you see a asian dude with a white girl, don't be a hater, say something nice like, hey you guys make a cute couple or something like that. I only thought you might be jelous cause i dated a girl who i think is better looking than Miss. Universe.

I never said something about an asian dude and a white girl. Like I said, I intended the post for the OP. All the while you feel the need the post pics here to prove a point.It is remotely possible that people here don't care if you dated a white girl or green girl or whatever.Be secure about yourself. Does the girl even know you are posting her pics here? From the looks of it, you're still not over her but hey that's your problem.

Fedace
05-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I never said something about an asian dude and a white girl. Like I said, I intended the post for the OP. All the while you feel the need the post pics here to prove a point.It is remotely possible that people here don't care if you dated a white girl or green girl or whatever.Be secure about yourself. Does the girl even know you are posting her pics here? From the looks of it, you're still not over her but hey that's your problem.

I deleted the Pic of my formal ex, others were of friends i knew. and like they say, it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.:-D

rommil
05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I deleted the Pic of my formal ex, others were of friends i knew. and like they say, it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.:-D

Lol we are quoting Poison lyrics now. Good that you can make that claim but don't feel like you have to prove yourself to other people.

spadesss
05-03-2007, 09:40 AM
anirut...calm down. no one is trying to claim anything. what i say is a figuer of speech or whatever that is called.
its like being in a restaurant.
i would called my waiter/server "buddy" or "chief".
he is not my buddy as we just met (don't even know his name) and he sure ain't no chief (Indian Americans: no offense).

i am chinese, born in china and now living in US.
i don't think myself nor anyone here, are picking on your king or any king. if anything, we would pick on George Bush :)
so relax.

what i was saying is that the Man gets to rub elbows with the king while most of us only get to see pictures of that. that is all.

For those who have no idea what our Beloved King is like, may I say he's a living saint.

You may think I'm over-board but I do challenge anyone to point out a present day king or queen who goes out in the fields, ever thinking of ways to better the lives of his people, especially the poor farmers. Walking miles in the sun through what were wastelands, carrying maps, finding ways to make it better. And SUCCEED.

Which palace in the world can you find laboratories, experimental farms, etc.? When I drive pass the palace I could smell cowdung at times.

Helping only the poor? No.

It is known that the King listens to police radio and, once, he heard two cops' conversation. One cop who was on duty at the police radio HQ or something said to the other that he has been on duty for a long while and still waiting for the next guy to come and take over, but still no sign of the other guy and he was very hungry.

The King ordered that a refrigerator loaded with "food" be located at that HQ. All his money, of course.

caulcano
05-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Not necessarily. It's also possible she's just looking for free tennis lessons.

Then she should have hooked up with someone better at tennis instead.

rommil
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Then she should have hooked up with someone better at tennis instead.

Nah I believe she precisely wanted to learn hitting the ball while doing the split.

IvanYentl
05-03-2007, 12:35 PM

He's successful on a world-scale, comes across as intelligent and polite when interviewed, motivated, fit, good looking, and not poor. Such people usually marry similar people. It's the way things work. To suggest he got the girl solely with his bank balance is ludicrous.

He may be wonderfully charming, he certainly is fit and has money, but there is no definition of "good looking" that would include this man. That grille needs some serious maintenance.

that said, he is not the first sports celebrity to marry a hot slice, and he won't be the last.

isuk@tennis
05-03-2007, 01:04 PM

well just to be clear to me he is worth alot, and compared to alot of the general population he's worth alot, but compared to other sports stars, and big names people who miss universe could've gotten he's not much.

thanu
05-05-2007, 06:28 AM
I'll jump in on this discussion.... I'm Thai-American, born and raised in Philadelphia. Paradon is huge in Thailand, but from what I hear, his popularity has taken a dive. My ex-girlfriend (who's also Thai), told me he's gotten a lot of slack for only donating $250 U.S to the Tsunami relief fund. I mean, that is pretty low, considering he could easily sell one of his racquets and get more than $250 U.S. He's also a lot more cocky than you would expect, but by no means is he on the level of cockiness as an American athlete (there are some American athletes who are down to earth, I have worked with former NFL players, talked to former NFL players, and some of them are really cool). He's no saint like some people here make him out to be, but he's not the worse either... my opinion of him is neutral.. people think I like him because he's Thai, I don't like him, hate him, and nor do I root for him. On a side note: my ex-girlfriend showed his DAD, and his family members around the D.C area a few years ago.. said his dad was a really nice guy.

On Tata Young.. he should have stayed with her? Umm, well Paradon has a fairly CLEAN rep in Thailand, and Tata Young is known as someone who gets around... I would say she's like the Britney Spears of Thailand. She's also have half white, and from rumors I heard, his mom wasn't too happy about that, but obviously he doesn't care, because the girl he's marrying now is full white. Tata Young is with a singer from Taiwan last time I heard.

On the King issue... Thai people are VERY VERY sensitive when it comes to the King. I don't think anybody can really get a full understanding of how the king is viewed unless you spend a lot of time with Thai people. He has GOD-like status in Thailand.

-Thanu

Mick
05-05-2007, 06:45 AM
I am not saying that it will happen but a woman of the caliber of Paradorn's wife to be can bankcrupt even the wealthiest of men . Paul McCartney married a lesser cabiler woman (not as good looking) and he's now $200 million poorer :)

BreakPoint
05-05-2007, 06:20 PM
My ex-girlfriend (who's also Thai), told me he's gotten a lot of slack for only donating $250 U.S to the Tsunami relief fund. I mean, that is pretty low, considering he cold easily sell one of his racquets and get more than $250 U.S.
That's VERY surprising because wasn't he in the stands along with Mauresmo at the Aus Open that year collecting donations from the spectators for the Tsunami Relief Fund? Some of those spectators probably donated more than $250.

OrangeOne
05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
he's gotten a lot of slack for only donating $250 U.S to the Tsunami relief fund.

This is no doubt just a media report or similar. I'd be more likely to believe a sand salesman in the desert....

Golden Retriever
05-06-2007, 03:50 AM
I can sense a hint of racism in the title of this post. It is alright for J Lo to marry a waiter and yet it is not alright for Paradorn to marry Miss Universe. Paradorn has accomplished more than Miss Universe as far as I can tell, and she doesn't even come close to J Lo in terms of fame and fortune.

Besides money and power, Paradorn is also relatively tall, relatively handsome, successful, strong and everything one can hope for in a young men. So why assume that she marries him just for the money and power? Is that also assuming that for some reason he would not be attractive to her otherwise? And what would be that reason?

Fedace
05-06-2007, 04:25 AM
I can sense a hint of racist in the title of this post. It is alright for J Lo to marry a waiter and yet it is not alright for Paradorn to marry Miss Universe. Paradorn has accomplished more than Miss Universe as far as I can tell, and she doesn't even come close to J Lo in terms of fame and fortune.

I do agree with this certain extent, you mean like it is ok for G Vilas to date and live with Asian woman but i guess it is not ok for Paradorn to marry a Miss. Universe ??:confused:

Young Pete
05-06-2007, 06:46 AM
note:

i am the original poster and let me make it clear that there is no claim of any racism in this post. its more of a playa (player's) discussion.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
.........Besides money and power, Paradorn is also relatively tall, relatively handsome...........

I don't think so :mrgreen: but I believe the most important thing in a person is his/her spiritual level, Paradorn looks like a good person, he'll be happy :D

thanu
05-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I remember seeing him walk around collecting money too, but it was not HIS money. I collected money for the Tsunami relief too, and along with a few other people sold stuff to raise money. He's suppose to be a huge figure in Thailand, so I guess people expect a lot more from him. I don't see why the Thai media would want to create negative publicity for him.... I truly believe he only gave $250 U.S.

Thanu

anirut
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
With regard to the Tsunami donation, as far as I've heard, it was something like this:

P'dorn wasn't in Thailand at the time and he had no idea how bad things were. It seemed, again, from what I heard, the $250 was initially given out my his mom "for the time being".

By the time he returned, the media were already killing him and it seemed he hadn't known crap about the $250. After that he donated much more than that in the million (baht). I don't know the exact amount.

I'm not defending him on this, but, to be fair, we don't really know what's going on. I majored in journalism so I know (and you guys would certainly know too) how the media loves to twist things around and sell news.

snoopy
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Paradon may not be the best example of it but

money + power = women

Howard Stern is probably a better example, he's nasty ugly. The Stern example would be stronger if his girl was hotter.

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/73987216.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C97602651CA95FE1B83FCF 4854FFF91D748C6E

Here's another example:

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/73624219.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C976028F7C80CE419785FF 8F198085993A39DE

BreakPoint
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I do agree with this certain extent, you mean like it is ok for G Vilas to date and live with Asian woman but i guess it is not ok for Paradorn to marry a Miss. Universe ??:confused:
Miss Universe marrying ANYBODY would cause people to speculate if it's all about money and power. It has nothing to do at all with race. If Miss Universe were marrying Andy Murray or Robby Ginepri or Marcos Baghdatis, we'd all still be saying the same thing.

tenniko
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
wow...

to people who are dissing paradorn:

be a man, get a life (and maybe a relationship)

instead of transplanting your jealousy here, go workout, play tennis, study/work, etc and become successful and if you are a good person as well, the ladies will follow...

zapvor
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM

i concur. also, have you seen him in person?? hes huge. and all muscle. and walks around topless in public. haha. he cant speak english well though. but thats not that important when you are a tennis pro

zapvor
05-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Paradon may not be the best example of it but

money + power = women

Howard Stern is probably a better example, he's nasty ugly. The Stern example would be stronger if his girl was hotter.

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/73987216.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C97602651CA95FE1B83FCF 4854FFF91D748C6E

Here's another example:

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/73624219.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C976028F7C80CE419785FF 8F198085993A39DE

you are not authorized to view this page.

snoopy
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure why those links don't work.

If you click on the links and then copy and paste the addresses, they're good to go.

By the way, the girl in the second picture might look a little pudgy b/c she was pregnant when the photo was taken.

zapvor
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks. but i am too lazy. haha

Fedace
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Money + Power = women, yes it is true but at some point, this thread got confused with issue that Asian guy + white girl is still frowned upon. This is something i liked to see change.

snoopy
05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
second picture if you can get to it = ugly white guy + pretty asian girl.

BreakPoint
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
second picture if you can get to it = ugly white guy + pretty asian girl.
I've seen that movie way too many times.

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Why is this even a discussion? Paradon is a likeable, wealthy, pro tennis player and women find him attractive. This thread is very insulting to Paradon and his girlfriend.

rommil
05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Why is this even a discussion? Paradon is a likeable, wealthy, pro tennis player and women find him attractive. This thread is very insulting to Paradon and his girlfriend.

...and an evidence of some people's bitterness about their own lives.