PDA

View Full Version : Dont expect too much of Canas in FO, he is much better on fast courts...

morten
05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
He gets more winners on faster surfaces and he doesn`t move too well on clay IMO. Now Wimbledon could be a good tournament for him, like a new Hewitt.. (now that s&v is virtually gone.... what a shame BTW.....)

Nadal_Freak
05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Miami played very slow as well as Indian Wells. When has Canas been successful on faster surfaces? :confused: A grinder is usually better on clay. Hewitt is the exception because he can't handle spin well.

Buuurnz
05-02-2007, 05:54 AM
think he'kll get to the round of last 16 at the FO

Andres
05-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Miami played very slow as well as Indian Wells. When has Canas been successful on faster surfaces? :confused: A grinder is usually better on clay. Hewitt is the exception because he can't handle spin well.
MS Paris, MS Toronto, Halle.

Jonny S&V
05-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I had forgotten that he had won Halle. That is quite the acheivement for a "clay courter" (although he does well enough on it).

Andres
05-02-2007, 07:59 AM
He didn't WIN Halle. He won MS toronto.

Andres
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
These are just a few of good results on fast courts

Won MS Toronto, on hard.
Semifinal on MS Indian Wells '05. Lost to Roger Federer
Runner up this year on MS Miami.
Got to a final, on grass (2001--'s-Hertogenbosch)
Lost at SF to Safin on grass (Halle 2005) in 3 sets.
Lost the SF of Paris Masters 2004 (on carpet) to Safin, probably the better indoor player around those years.

tintin
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
I kind of agree with this poster
he seems to move better on hard for some reason and his fitness is not suspect as much on Hard and he's been having issues since he was in Miami.
even if he makes it far at RG this year,if they take a few sets from him I think that at one point he will really run out of gas because rallies are longer and if 2-3 in-form players takes him to 4-5 sets he might be toast.