PDA

View Full Version : Racquets like LM Radical but more powerful

cys19
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Question. Most of the shots that come off the face of the LM Radical usually land in. But is there such a racquet that does the same job, without spin, and has a more powerful, quicker paced, flat shot?

MHobbit
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd say that it's up to your stroke (determining how flat the shots are). Sure, some racquets like the Microgel are supposed to help with spin with the wider head, but your stroke plays a big part in it. Other than that, I suppose you could just lead your racquet up and get it to be head-heavy. Racquets that are rated for "power" are usually the non-player's racquets.

pow
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Tried messing with the string choice and tension? If you like the LM Radical, it's not a bad idea to tweak minor details about it.

cys19
05-01-2007, 01:32 PM
My tension is at the lowest, with poly though--I enjoy the control. I'm trying to avoid lead because I like to take quick strokes, and the little lead I had on before made close shots harder to control power-wise. And I'm not looking for more spin. I just really enjoyed the power that came with the lead.

Edit: Maybe I should make it clearer: Say you have a racquet that shoots balls flat off the face like a rocket launcher. The ball would usually have less control. I was just wondering if there's such a rocket launcher out there that has the same control as the Prestige/Radical without the need to impart spin. I know it's impossible; just wondering if technology advanced far enough to make it a little more possible.