PDA

View Full Version : Was the Prince Diablo a big deal when it was first introduced?

bluetrain4
05-01-2007, 01:45 PM
The Diablo mid is one of my all-time favorites. But, I was out of the game when it was released and didn't purchase it until a couple years after its release.

How was it received upon release? Does the Diablo predate all of the O3 series frames?

Anyone else a fan?

backcourt
05-02-2007, 06:07 AM
I would say it was a pretty big deal. I even bought my first Prince when it came out, a Diablo MP. I had a relatively short go with it, but I do recall a substantial buzz on these boards when the Diablo was released.

tennisguy7482
05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
i remember it was quite popular when it first came out. i recently bought some mids just to have them, and because they are very similar to the POG (only not as good, heh). great racquet in my opinion.

grass_hopper
05-02-2007, 07:06 AM
only one pro girl played with it. no power and small sweet spot hurt the sales.

eagle
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Xavier Malisse on the men's side played with it.

Here's the TW review on the racquet that describes some of the buzz about it: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PTD/PTDReview.html

r,
eagle

grass_hopper
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
TW's review board is always excited which is as it should be!

gonzo2000
05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I bought the tour diablo mid when it first came out. I love it and it is one of the best mids out there IMHO. Excellent at everything.

d_techie
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
prince diablo mid is great....huge sweetspot for midsize, but kinda stiff for some people...sam querrey also use one IIRC

bluetrain4
05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
prince diablo mid is great....huge sweetspot for midsize, but kinda stiff for some people...sam querrey also use one IIRC

Yeah, I think the sweetspot on the mid is the same or bigger than on the midplus, even tough that really doesn't make sense.

ps60
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
i have the Rebel, 95" 18x20, so stiff (although RDC only reads 63, strung) that it is uncomfortable at impact.

and the Diablo MP. which is very very flex. not very stable, too little string in that 100" face.

i guess the Rebel would feel more like the Mid, only that it 's lighter, which i can adjust (by adding 15g at the very butt). Its material may also be different, less comfortable and stable than the Diablo mid.

jeffreyfranz
05-02-2007, 09:59 PM
The Diablo mid is one of my all-time favorites. But, I was out of the game when it was released and didn't purchase it until a couple years after its release.

How was it received upon release? Does the Diablo predate all of the O3 series frames?

Anyone else a fan? I bought the Diablo MP when it was relatively new on the market. It is a super flexy, soft on impact racquet. The big surprise to me was that, tho I still love it, I always struggled with it (one reviewer said it has hot spots, i.e., uneven string-bed response), wheras much later on I discovered that the Mid is actually easier to be consistent with. I also thought it was more accurate (no surprise) and more powerful (surprise). :smile: