PDA

View Full Version : New Racket To Help My Game Improve

bumfluff
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Before I begin I will say that my current racket is the original Triad T4 (http://cgi.*********/WILSON-TRIAD-HAMMER-4-0-MIDPLUS-MP-tennis-racquet-NEW_W0QQitemZ140111565216QQihZ004QQcategoryZ66830Q QcmdZViewItem)

Ok, to be honest I am not great at tennis compared to you guys here, I am good at club level but I don't go beyond that because my main sport is Table Tennis so I don't get any tennis coaching, only practice.

Anyway, after my customary winter out I have started playing again. However, I think I have got a bit stronger over the winter (and fitter) from various Table Tennis training things and I think my game is suffering a bit from my racket, I don't know what it is, it just doesn't really suit. So I have decided on a new racket.

I seem to have hooked myself upon the [K]Factor rackets (which are about to be released properly here in Britain). My problem is that there are no shops anywhere near me with tennis racket trial things and I dont have a coach who does that sort of thing so I am partly going in blind to buying a racket.

I don't really know what sort of style I play with, so that makes it harder in choosing, but I have played previously with the nSix-One Team which I found was great on my forehand but not so good on my backhand (I go through various backhand phases) because my timing isn't great so maybe the sweet spot on the nCode was a little small for me. How does the [K] factor compare?

Ok after re-reading this post I have come to the decision that I am a right ******* and my lack of knowledge is only making you helping me harder, so sorry and thanks for any advice.

P.S I tried the nSix-One back in September and since then I think I have slightly westernised my grip, oh and my racket before the T4 was a Volkl C10.

fgs
05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
the ksix-one team should be o.k. and lots of practice! have fun.:D

bumfluff
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
how does the [K]six-one team compare with the original nCode?

i can probably find out what tension my friend strings her rackets to give more of an idea of what her particular racket is like.

bumfluff
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry to bump but can anyone here who has used both the K six one team and nSix-one team tell me how they compare, it would be good to know as I haven't found any comparisons elsewhere.

bumfluff
05-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok, according to one website the power rating of the k95 is the same as the old n6.1 team, does this mean the k6.1 team is slightly more powerful than its predecessor? Please can someone tell me how they compare.

bumfluff
05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Ok, sorry I was being blind and have consequently found a bit of a review of the team. Anyway, maybe some more specific questions now then.

How would the K Team affect my serve? The racket is heavier than my current one (T4) so it should be more powerful if I hit right, but my current racket is head heavy compared to the team being head light. Any one able to say what sort of effect switching would have?