PDA

View Full Version : I.radical OS vs Liquidmetal and Flexpoint Radical MP

jsmith112
05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm currently playing with the i.radical OS, and while I generally still really like this racquet, there are times when it feels like it has a little too much pop to it, and was looking for a racquet with a tad bit more control. I was considering both the liquidmetal and flexpoint radical MP's, and was wondering if anyone who has played with either of these sticks could tell me how they compare to the i.rad i'm playing with right now in terms of power and control.

katastrof
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm currently playing with the i.radical OS, and while I generally still really like this racquet, there are times when it feels like it has a little too much pop to it, and was looking for a racquet with a tad bit more control. I was considering both the liquidmetal and flexpoint radical MP's, and was wondering if anyone who has played with either of these sticks could tell me how they compare to the i.rad i'm playing with right now in terms of power and control.

I did the same switch (i.Rad OS ---> LM Rad MP). The playing characteristics of the LM are not too different except for the increased swingweight, which is great when you get used to it. One can talk about minor differences, but I don't lke knitpicking. You won't regret the LM Rad. You won't gain too much over the i.Rad OS. Your choice.

drakulie
05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
The i radical OS is one of the few OS frames I demoed and really enjoyed. Good control, and power. I also enjoyed the MP.

jsmith112
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the responses, another option I was also considering was sticking with the i.rad and upping my current tension to try to "deaden" the racquet up a little bit. The problem is I'm already stringing at around 64-65 lbs, so I could only go up a few more lbs before going over the recommended tension. To the previous posters, how did you find the spin potential on the LM radical mplus? Right now i'm about a 4.5 player who does flatten out short shots, but I primarily hit more loopy, heavier type balls, which I feel the i.rad is fairly well suited for. The last midplus radical I hit with was the Ti radical, and it hit much too flat for my liking, and was wondering if this is something I should expect with the new LM or Flexpoint racquets as well. Thanks again

ndtennis
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
You know i once hit with a flwxpoint radical MP and i liked it, although the grip was good but once my hands got sweaty that frame went flying a few times. Recently I have picked up a Fischer M Pro 1 and i cant pick up a radical; the frame is great i recommend you try that

katastrof
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the responses, another option I was also considering was sticking with the i.rad and upping my current tension to try to "deaden" the racquet up a little bit. The problem is I'm already stringing at around 64-65 lbs, so I could only go up a few more lbs before going over the recommended tension. To the previous posters, how did you find the spin potential on the LM radical mplus? Right now i'm about a 4.5 player who does flatten out short shots, but I primarily hit more loopy, heavier type balls, which I feel the i.rad is fairly well suited for. The last midplus radical I hit with was the Ti radical, and it hit much too flat for my liking, and was wondering if this is something I should expect with the new LM or Flexpoint racquets as well. Thanks again

String the Radical MP with 17 or 17L gauge, multi or poly, & you will never complain about spin. I can send you a video of my topspin lob if you're not convinced ;) [well, the topspin lob probably doesn't spin more than a topspin forehand... but... whatever]

gshaffer23
05-02-2007, 06:45 AM

I used the Ti Radical and the iRadical OS for many years before switching to a the LM MP. While I generate good spin with the MP everytime I pick up the OS version to hit with I feel the spin is easier to come by and the ball tends to sit on the strings a little longer... more flex. I may just go back to the OS version myself.

Demo or buy a cheap one to play around with and compair.

jsmith112
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
so, i was able to demo one today, and while I did feel that the LM midplus did give me a bit more control over my shots and was an overall solid frame, there was just something about it that I can' really put my finger on that doesn't feel as good as my i.rads. One thing that I did notice was the added weight. For the first half of an hour I was a little slow bringing the racquet around and was catching a lot of balls late. Sort of a tough decision, but right now I'm leaning towards sticking with my OS's. For any of the previous posters or anyone else that is playing with the i.rad or any other OS radical for that matter, do you guys have any tips on giving this frame a little more control, other than messing around with the tension? thanks again