PDA

View Full Version : head raquets

tpa101
05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I am trying to decide which head raquet to but. I like the Head Liquidmetal radical, but i also like the Head Flexpoint radical. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion of the two.

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
why dont you tell us what kinds of qualities are important to you, so we can based our suggestions around it

tpa101
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
i like a raquet with the good control, and maybe a little power also. I was just wondering if the flexpoint felt different that the Intellegence radical. But I dont want to spend money on the Liquidmetal radical if its basically the same thing.

adso1973
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Yes, I think they feel different.

In my opinion the Fxp Radical feels softer in the arm and also feels like the ball stay a little longer in the string bed so you can have a better accuracy when you hit, and I think is easier to play with.

In the other hand, I found the Liq. Radical has lots of control and power and also is confortable... I think is more head light and feelsmore stiff..

quikstephen
05-02-2007, 04:10 AM
i am a very long user of the head models. i will have to say that the liquidmetal radical definetely gives you more of a stiffer feeling than the flexpoint racket and that the flexpoint is actually a lighter racket with a "cheaper" feel. The flexpoint and liquidmetal are entirely user preference for choosing. I have both rackets and depending on how my tennis elbow feels and whanot for the day i will choose. The flexpoint is considerably easier in the arm and the racket just hits corners like you wouldnt believe. The accuracy is ridiculous. very nice and you can get used to it very quickly.

Demo or borrow them from a friend because you HAVE to try them both out to choose which one you like

vinnier6
05-02-2007, 06:01 AM
flexpoint rads are 11.1/11.3oz for midplus and oversize...liquidmetals are both 11.2....but the flexpoints are lighter????hmmm

adso1973
05-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Mind the Holes!! ;)

RafaelRoddick54
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
You should try the Head Microgel extreme pro. I tried it and loved it. It gives you so much spin and power. Great control.

me is bored
05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
i like the lm radical imo but im gonna try that microgel pro soon

rabidcow
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
the key between the two is flexibility, I loved lm radical but hate the fxp. I plan on demoing the microgel this summer hoping that it is stiffer

abenguyen
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
demo them both. i personally like the liquidmetal better but havn't demoed the flexpoint in a long time to tell you the difference

skiracer55
05-04-2007, 01:30 PM
...last summer I started with a Head FP Radical 98", and that didn't work too well for me. I'm 58, about 5.0 level, and I do better with a little bigger head size. Also, for whatever reason, the FP was really noticeable and the whole frame felt really trampoliney. I went to a Wilson for a month or so, and it was okay...but then my coach wanted me to go down in grip size (to 4 3/*) so I used one of his LM Radical 107" and liked it. I felt like I had more spin, better control, more solid feel. Then a guy I hit with recommended I get into a 16/19 pattern for more spin and control. I took a shot on the Head FXP Radical Team and it worked great. I like the 102" head...not too big, but definitely more user friendly than something under 100" for me. It's pretty light, so I put about .4 of an ounce of lead down at the bottom of the hoop. I string with hybrid, 62/61, and it's a great blend of power and control for me...also pretty easy on the arm...

baselinerT
05-05-2007, 09:02 AM
i prefer the liquidmetal, the flexpoint has too much vibrations