PDA

View Full Version : Pro Staff Classic 6.1 users?

gvanzky
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
To all psc 6.1 users, did you all experience any arm, elbow or shoulder pain?
If yes, did you switch racquets, you keep on using it or what other things you did?

jayserinos99
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I had to switch from the 6.1 because of arm pain. And that began a long trip using many frames and many different string and tension setups. I try to play with the 6.1 every so often with a lower tension (with natural gut too) but my arm still cannot take the 6.1. It's sad because I grew up with this frame and every time I take it out for a hit it felt like it was just yesterday I put the frame down and then 10 minutes later my arm really twinges.

kreative
05-02-2007, 01:41 AM
terrific racquet, but i start to feel some twinges in my elbow after about 10 minutes.

nickb
05-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Ive used it one and off and never had any arm pain...but ive never really got any arm pain from any racquet or string. Poly and PSC 6.1 are a big NO!

Andres
05-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Not at all.
It's my first modern racquet, and probably, still the best racquet I've ever hit with.

Never experienced any arm pain at all, but I also strung it with a very soft syn gut.

fuzz nation
05-02-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm right there with Andres G. Never had any arm issues with that frame and I've used it for a long time - typically with 16 or 17 ga syn gut at 63-65 lbs.

Any twinges I've had in recent history have come from trying to play with frames down near 11 oz., but I think that's just due to what I'm used to. My more recent experiments have been with frames that are heavy, but more flexible - those can be much easier for me to use from the baseline and no issues in my arm with those, either.

Roffey
05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
I've never experienced any pain, but after an extended break from tennis I did experience some fatigue

However, I string mine with nat. gut at 55.

bruce nissenbaum
05-02-2007, 09:45 AM
FWIW, using PSC 6.1 for 5+ years without ever experiencing any pain or discomfort with either of my 2 main set-ups: Laserfibre Supreme 17 @60/62; Head Rip Control 17 @ 60/62 - both pre-stretched. Have tested many strings over the years that I felt might have caused me concern and quickly abandoned them. Still many others felt alright, but nothing has yet provided the nice combination of comfort, control, playability and maintenance as the Supreme or the RC. But I still have fun testing. :-)

jasonbourne
05-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I used the PSC 6.1 for at least 10yrs as my primary racket. I've used syngut, multis and polys in them. During that time I did not experience any arm pain. At times playing four-hour matches and hitting sessions.
I usually don't get any arm tingling or pain with any racket, except the subsequent day from an APD demo I felt slight elbow tingling. It went away two days later.

SlapShot
05-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I've been using my PSC for about 6 weeks now, moving from the LM Prestige. I actually had a bout of TE last summer, and I have had LESS trouble with the PSC (I'm playing 3-4 times/week) than I did with the Prestige. I had the initial growing pains (tired shoulder), but since then, I've been feeling good.

I string with syn gut at 62-65, and I make sure that I stretch and warm up before I get on the court.

rooski
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
After a while I had elbow pain with the PS Classic so I switched to the HPS61 which was slightly better but after 2 years I started getting more elbow pain. Almost 3 years ago I switched to the N6195 and have had no pain (knock on wood) so far. The PSC was super stiff at 72...the HPS was 68 I believe...and the n6195 is 65. If you are concerned with arm pain with the super stiff PSC and like Pro Staff balance and weighting, I would suggest the n6195.

gvanzky
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
for those who had arm problem, what kind of game style are you? are you a baseliner or serve and volleyer?

jayserinos99
05-02-2007, 09:34 PM
when i used the 6.1 i was primarily a baseliner.

kreative
05-04-2007, 03:11 AM
for those who had arm problem, what kind of game style are you? are you a baseliner or serve and volleyer?

agressive counterpunching baseliner.