PDA

View Full Version : Where to add weight for the NBLADE

jcbailey111
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Just curious to where all owners of the nblade are adding lead/tape to their racket. Is it 3 and 9 o'clock throat etc......

I feel like it needs some but just not sure where... I do love the racket...it has more power and great control...seems a whole lot better than my flexpoint prestige

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PED
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I'll be curious to the feedback you get because the blade seems like a wilson version of the pure storm, they are both around 3 pts head light. On my storm i put 10 g of weight at 3 and 9 to stiffen the hoop, but the blade might be stiffer in that area. That made mine head heavier but i like that. I've hit with a blade briefly and it's a great stick!

kreative
05-04-2007, 03:27 AM
i would try 4-6g @ 3 & 9. placing the lead higher may add too much to swingweight.

fgs
05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
jcbailey111,
it depends on what you want to accomplish by adding the lead. as kreative pointed out, adding lead to the hoop (3 & 9 o'clock) would also increase swingweight quite much. adding it to the grip/butt, would increase swingweight less and would change the balance towards more headlight. in the end it's a matter of personal preference - i added to the hoop (11 and 1 o'clock), but then i like higher swingweights and even slightly headheavy balance.

drhopz
05-04-2007, 01:55 PM
What does adding weight to 11 and 1 do to the racket?

fgs
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
most people add to 3 and 9 o'clock since it improves on torsional stability. adding at 11 and 1 o'clock does so to a lesser extent. it just gives a more polarized setup and increases swingweight. by moving the balancepoint further towards the head you'd get more plow through (provided you can still swing it fast enough) and more spin (also if you can still swing it fast enough).
you basically have to experiment with the proper location since it is very dependent on the way you execute your strokes - more or less loopy, high takeback or rather low take back, etc.

Alafter
05-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I play it with stock form...the OS version is fine as it is.

ps60
05-05-2007, 09:50 AM
don't add lead for its own sake

NBlade is quite healthy in terms of SW and stability. i 'd like it more HL. If u need to add to the hoop, buy a PD