PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Availability

Syfo-Dias
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I've discovered that in my town (Nashville, TN) it's next to impossible to find any Yonex products anywhere. I was surprised by this because when I was over in Japan there was tons of Yonex stuff everywhere. Being a Japanese company that makes sense I suppose. I know plenty of people use Yonex here in the US, so I just don't get this. I really like the Super Grap and those triangle shaped vibration dampeners they make. So, what's the deal here? Is it just my town that sucks or is it like this everywhere in the US?

backcourt
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Its similar here in the Boston area, although I haven't been to all the shops, whenever I visit the one in Harvard Square I get an earful about how Yonex is so difficult to work with, and how they dont know if they will continue selling them. But haven't been there yet this spring. Get your supergrap from TW, its alot cheaper.

YonexDude
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I haven't seen a single yonex product in any tennis shop i've been too. my club doesn't carry yonex either. i get all of my yonex gear from tennis warehouse, it's pretty easy and most likely cheaper than going to a store and getting something

movdqa
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds like another Pro Kennex in the making.

ollinger
05-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Like Prokennex, their main focus in tennis is on Asia, spreading west to parts of Europe. The Yonex RDS 005, for example, is slated for Asia and Europe but not USA.

rabidcow
05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Speaking of ProKennex are they gone for good

me is bored
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
we have a major tennis store in houston, its called *************, literally every racket that is still made is sold there lol they have 2 working stringers there everyday and bags clothes and everything, so if we really need something, and dont have time to order from tw we just go there, same thing but just slightly more expensive, its right next to westside, thats prolly why

ollinger
05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
As noted previously, Prokennex is active in Asia, Australia and presumably elsewhere but has no active distributor in the US presently. It shouldn't surprise anyone if they return but things like that tend to take many months, if not a few years.

! ! ! ! ronakp10
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM
i get my yonex stuff from TW. otherwise the local shop im near carries maybe 2 yonex rackets.

jaap deboeck
05-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Yonex is a footnote in the USA with its microscopic stick market share. A quality niche product in a slow sales environment. There is so much clone product chasing too few buyers.