PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro drive users....need your help

don knot
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I am trying my best to like this frame (standard length), but I cannot strike the perfect balance with adding weight to this bat.
Granted I am by no means a racquet techinician...I am just looking to make this thing a little more hearty without jacking the weight up a ton.
The frame really is lacking against heavy hitting, (even when hitting the sweetspot.
Other than that, it's a great frame.
ANy ideas?

RafaN RichardG
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
i dont use this racquet, but if you add weight in the throat it wont change the balance, itll just give it more weight so itll be more solid. this may work because maybe its not the balance thats making it hard against heavy hitters , just the weight overall, so try it out, changing the balance on racquets never worked for me too much(it changed the characteristics that i liked about the racquet by messing with the balance), but adding weight in the throat will make it more solid for you.
hope this helps

McStud
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
i put 6 grams at 12oclock and 3 grams in handle and i like it much better than before. it still has a ways to go but this setup definitely helps.

rosenstar
05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I'd put some lead at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, then put the same amount in the handle.

PED
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
i put around 5 at 12 on the hoop and it makes a big difference. have not tried an;y in the handle but have not felt the need for it. i've not had the problem against heavy hitters with the apd but my storm was like that. the lead shuld sort you out.