PDA

View Full Version : Why no love for the Ti.Radical

knasty131
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I started playing college tennis this year and have seen more people using the Ti. Radical than any other radical model. I was wondering why there isn't more discussion on this board or reports of people playing with it. I personally think it's a sweet frame but just CANT get over the Head grip shape.

Let me know your thoughts

-Kevin

rooski
05-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Do a search on the forums. The Ti Radical MP had lots of love in it's day and still is considered a classic frame by many (including me). There should be some posts in this forum but when TW went to the new forum format, the old posts were kept in their original locations. Not sure how to access the old information anymore though.

Strange you would see collegiate tennis players using a Ti Radical. That racket is now 4 generations old and most college players can get free current generation rackets. However, IMO (and many other people feel the same way) the Ti Rad MP was the best Radical branded racket ever made.

I never see them any more. I should have kept a few of mine. Had 5 of 'em.

anirut
05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
My hitting partner plays with it. I also have one brand new -- for collection.

AndrewD
05-02-2007, 09:19 PM
I personally think it's a sweet frame but just CANT get over the Head grip shape.
Let me know your thoughts

Change the shape of the grip = VERY easy.

jeffreyfranz
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Change the shape of the grip = VERY easy. How? I love Head racquets (and of course, my Redondo), but the Wilson shape has always been my favorite, prob. 'cause I started out on a 6.0 95. But I think, these days, most Wilsons suck. Can you direct us to a place that explains how to change? Thanks. :smile:

bluegrasser
05-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Try the new Team 6.1, a flexy lighter players frame...

ps60
05-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Ti Radical MP is not really a player's racket. It is light and flexible, 18x20. Even balanced. Where is the power ??

my wrist hurts whenever i was surprised by a sudden ball during double play. Heard others i play with have this issue too.

frekcles
05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure some folks around her have one or two of them in their collection. I have one. Also I've been trying to trade for yours (OP).

One of the reasons I think you don't see many threads about it is that people are using the latest racquets and thus have put their Ti Radicals aside or are just playing with other racquets right now but do not want to sell/trade their Ti Rads.

To access the old threads in the search section, click on advanced search. Then type in Ti Radical in the key word(s) space. Under the search options section click on "Find posts from" and choose yesterday and then instead of "and newer" choose "and older". That should bring you to the old posts including POGO's, et al.

Good luck and I'll try trading for your Ti Rad again soon.

Doc Hollidae
05-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I dunno about the best radical, but it was the best radical post-full graphite.

frekcles
05-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I dunno about the best radical, but it was the best radical post-full graphite.

True. Old threads attest to that.

I recently acquired a Trisys 260 MP and I have a 95 Radical (zebra). Definitely heftier than the Ti Radical but groundstrokes are buttery smooth with the older versions. Hard to describe but you have to try it at least once to compare and then make your decision.

knasty131
05-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, if I were considering it being my main frame then yes, I would change the grip shape andrewd...and im sure if i were to trade it off, people would be skeptical of how well of a job i did "converting" the grip

jelle v
05-03-2007, 08:34 AM
There's al lot of love I think for the Ti.Radical MP

I had 3 of them.. sadly enough I broke one. From the other remaining two, one had a disintegrating handle at the bottom of the grip. Buttcap came of and impossible to put back on. So I have only one left..

This year i wanted to go back to my Ti.Radical after 2 1/2 years of Prince NXG, but here in the Netherlands it seems like impossible to get a secondhand Ti.Radical in gripsize 3, so I bought 2 nBlades.

One strange thing was that I had Ti.Radical with swingstyle L4, while the later Ti.Radicals (i think) had swingstyle L5, those played a little different.

Doc Hollidae
05-03-2007, 08:34 AM
IMO the only thing that improved in the radical line over the years was how they volleyed. From the Ti to FXP, radicals got significantly lighter and stiffer compared to the 2.5 previous models (the '98 model was just a new paint job thus the .5). The earlier radicals were adequate at the next, but much more geared towards baseline bashing.

vinnier6
05-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Ti Radical MP is not really a player's racket. It is light and flexible, 18x20. Even balanced. Where is the power ??

my wrist hurts whenever i was surprised by a sudden ball during double play. Heard others i play with have this issue too.

ti radical mp is a players frame...beam width and head size among other specs confirm that it does indeed fall into the players frame category....

knasty131
05-04-2007, 07:25 AM
anyone interested in my ti. radical? i just really dont like the head grip shape

KFwinds
05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
IMO the only thing that improved in the radical line over the years was how they volleyed. From the Ti to FXP, radicals got significantly lighter and stiffer compared to the 2.5 previous models (the '98 model was just a new paint job thus the .5). The earlier radicals were adequate at the next, but much more geared towards baseline bashing.

I have all of the versions between Ti and FXP, and I have to disagree with a comment here. While I do agree that the newest ones (LM and FXP) volley more comfortably than the Ti, they are definitely not lighter. In fact, I believe the reason why the newer ones volley better is because they feel more substantial in terms of weight and balance. If you look up the specs you will also see that the weight and swingweight has increased from the Ti MP to the LM and FXP versions. The exception was the Intelligence Rad, which was actually a bit lighter than the Titanium version. I've added lead to my i.Rad MP's to make them feel and swing closer to the others. They're all great sticks, and I occasionally have trouble choosing which one I prefer.

mucat
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
anyone interested in my ti. radical? i just really dont like the head grip shape

Grip size? Head size? Condition? Price?

circusmouse
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Mucat,

I have a ti.radical that I no longer care to hit with. I bought it when it came out and then barely played for several years. It's probably been restrung about five times. Now I just don't care for the feel of it. It's in good shape (a few scapes and such), 4-1/2 grip. I'd sell it for $15 US if you're willing to pay for shipping to Canada. I'm in Portland, OR, so if you're ever down here, you're free to pick it up.

Doc Hollidae
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I have all of the versions between Ti and FXP, and I have to disagree with a comment here. While I do agree that the newest ones (LM and FXP) volley more comfortably than the Ti, they are definitely not lighter.

If you read my post, I said that from the Ti on, Radicals became significantly lighter than the original trisys 260 and Twin Tube Tour.

cys19
05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Mucat,

I have a ti.radical that I no longer care to hit with. I bought it when it came out and then barely played for several years. It's probably been restrung about five times. Now I just don't care for the feel of it. It's in good shape (a few scapes and such), 4-1/2 grip. I'd sell it for $15 US if you're willing to pay for shipping to Canada. I'm in Portland, OR, so if you're ever down here, you're free to pick it up.

Circusmouse,

$15 for a radical? Can you sell it to me? MP or OS?

cys19
05-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Mucat,

Circusmouse,

mucat
05-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Circusmouse,

cys19, you can have it, 4 1/2 is a little bit too big for me and I prefer OS.

Circusmouse, thanks for the offering.

porchdoor
05-04-2007, 06:38 PM

i'll buy it if cys19 isn't buying it.

rooski
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll give you $35 for it if it's in good shape.

cys19
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks! :)

rabidcow
05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
The Ti is better than the LM and the FXP in my opinion, hopefully the microgel will be better

Gundam
05-06-2007, 04:58 PM
How good is the spin generation from Ti Radical MP?
I guess 18 mains on MP would be very dense.
PS) I also play with PC600 but it's heavier so spin generation is actually not bad.