PDA

View Full Version : FXP Radical MP setup

Sheriff
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
i have been using the PD Roddick (on Pro hurricane 17 main and Gamma 17 cross) for over 9 months. The stiffness of the racquet really gave me elbow and arm troubles. i am short guy 5'5 so i have been told not to use something thats too heavy. so i switched to the FXP Radical MP. Currently i have it strung (under recommendation by my tennis retailer) with Pacific Xforce 17main and Pacific power line 17 cross on 58 tension. After playing with it for a few hours, the racquet was amazingly user friendly. however i found the racquet to have a little too much pop and the racquet feels a lil light on the hands. (prob cos i am used to a heavier PDR)

whats ur opinion on the setup? anything i can do to decrease the pop and increase in the weight without fiddling too much with the balance?

thanks in advance.

PED
05-03-2007, 10:09 AM
I have an FXP OS. I've got some weight at 12 and a bit more in the grip to balance it out a bit. You could always do some at 3 and 9 instead of 12 to reduce the power and stabilize it a bit. I like the FXP but wished i'd done like you and gotten a mid. I love the PDR too. I use sensation in the crosses and it really softens up the feel ALOT and my arm pain went away. Also you could tighten up the tension a bit on the radical to get a bit more control. I went the other way with my Radical. I started off at 58 and went down to 55 with BB alu rough. It's a great stick.

rocket
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
After playing with it for a few hours, the racquet was amazingly user friendly. however i found the racquet to have a little too much pop and the racquet feels a lil light on the hands. (prob cos i am used to a heavier PDR)

whats ur opinion on the setup? anything i can do to decrease the pop and increase in the weight without fiddling too much with the balance?

thanks in advance.

Don't do anything just yet, you need a bit of time to get used to the new lighter weight. Hit with it for a few more sessions & see. If you really need to add weight, you can try 4" to 6" of lead at 6 o'clock.

Too much pop? Add more spin, or string it tighter, or change to another poly hybrid.