PDA

View Full Version : Does the TennisOne websight have helpful information . . . ?

altawolfe
03-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I saw the yearly cost and laughed, but I was just curious if they
had solid information and tips . . .

Mahboob Khan
03-13-2004, 07:09 PM
tennisone was tennisone because of John Yandell's great contributions but he was shown the door by the current President of tennisone.com, Kim Shanley. John Yandell has formed another website www.advancedtennis.com which is a research oriented website and worth visiting.

Even with the departure of John Yandell and its alarming per year cost of $49/- or so, the site is still worth visiting. The cost may be high but the information is good. It all boils down as to what you want?

steve d
03-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I joined about 18 months ago before the price was so high. As Mr. Khan says, it was better with Yandell. But there is still the occasional article that makes it seem worthwhile. This months article on the modern forehand was helpful to me and it cost me less than an hour with a coach. Having access to the video clips of the players strokes is also an asset. But I am a visual learner. If you do not learn visually it might not seem as valuable.

But if they bump it above $50 they will probably lose me unless they get the Yandell articles back.

polakosaur
03-14-2004, 04:00 PM
i was looking for the myth of the toss article, those *******s kicked that guy out and his article with him, that article was especially useful how he analyzed the path of the ball on the toss, i was wondering why i couldn't find it, the best thing is the prostrokes gallery, thats pretty much the only reason i'm in it, the articles are mediocore except for a occasional super article

vin
03-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty ****ed that they took all the Yandell articles off the site, but I still pick off good information from the site. I have also used the pro gallery much to my benefit. If you break it down, it's less than $5 per month. I think there two newsleters per month are worth that much.

Vin

Rick
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Not only did they remove Yandell's articles, but also excellent articles by Rick Macci and Scott Murphy. I contacted Tenni$One about my disappointment with their decision to, in their words, "not bring these articles forward", but I think it mostly fell on deaf ears.

I also contacted John Yandell and received word from him that he is starting his own instructional site: Tennisplayer.net. He said he hopes to have the website running by summer.