PDA

View Full Version : whose control is better?

kimi
05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
1.apd
2.rds001 Mp

Noveson
05-02-2007, 08:28 PM
They are two totally different racquets. RDS 001 MP easily though.

Voltron
05-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree, the APD is a power racquet, the RDS 001 MP is a control racquet.

Bottle Rocket
05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
The only thing that could possibly set these apart control-wise is going to be the perception of control gained by the lower power of the RDS 001 MP.

Both are stiff and both have similar string spacing. I guess the added weight which usually means added stability will also give the perception that the RDS has a little more control.

In truth, they both have great control. They are very different rackets though and most poeple don't cross-shop between the two. The AerPro is rarely used by flat hitters. If you hit a flat ball, the Yonex is much better. If you hit heavy top spin, the AeroPro is superior (Voltron will probably disagree).

What are you looking for in a racket? What do you use now? What kind of player are you?

Voltron
05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
^^^^^^^^
Yes, you can get more topspin from the APD, because it's lighter, I agree with that. But you can still get a lot of spin from the RDS.

onkystomper
05-03-2007, 04:23 AM
I actually produced more spin with the rds 001. It was a lot more stable and volleys and due to the lower power kept late shots in more. The APD was more forgiving on groundstrokes but the stringbed felt loose and did not give as good directional control

circusmouse
05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I haven't used the APD, but I can confirm that the RDS has ample spin production and quite a bit of pop. I found control to be good with it as well. I would guess that the main difference is weight. A grinder probably wouldn't want a racquet as physically demanding as the RDS. Hitting like Nadal, it would wear out the arm.