PDA

View Full Version : Which to choose: FlexPoint4 vs Metallix4

Pui
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I want to switch from my old FP Radical OS ro a more comfortable stick. I'm interested in FP4 and Metallix4. I need some suggestion about the difference between the two sticks.
Surprising that in Thailand I can save about almost 10 dollars for a new Metallix4 instead of FP4.
Help me please.

Serve em Up
05-03-2007, 03:18 AM
FWIW,

I have played a LM4 since last September. I was coming back to tennis after a long hiatus. Anyway, I bought the LM4 because it was a highly rated tweener and all I had to hit with was an old Head Atlantis 720. I wanted to at least get back to the game with some recent technology. Plus since the FXP 4 was the new raquet the LM4 was only $79.00US.

I have done very well with the LM4. I even went out and bought a second in January. It has excellent power. It sounds a little funny even though it has a dampener. I have it strung now with nxt and I'm up to 60 lbs. I may crank that up a notch to 63 lbs.As my strokes have improved since I've been playing alot I need more control andd less power.

My next stop will probably be a Radical Tour or possibly a Microgel.

If the Fxp4 and Mettalix 4 are anytrhing like the LM4 I suggest you check the power level. If you are a strong hitter at all you will need to string it tight and use lots of topspin to keep it in.

grass_hopper
05-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Metallix 4 is powerful and easy on TE, if you are a 3.0 to 3.5 player then it be a good fit. it has more power than FXP 4.

Fedace
05-03-2007, 04:06 AM
I want to switch from my old FP Radical OS ro a more comfortable stick. I'm interested in FP4 and Metallix4. I need some suggestion about the difference between the two sticks.
Surprising that in Thailand I can save about almost 10 dollars for a new Metallix4 instead of FP4.
Help me please.

FP4 is a better racket just from hitting with it for little while, and Met4 seemed little too powerful, Met2 maybe better, better control, still has lots of power. Overall FP4 is the best one if you can control the Midplus headsize, 107 sq inches. I cannot control any racket bigger than 100 sq inches so FP 4 was not my choice. I went with Babolat aeropro Cortex

dirtballer
05-03-2007, 04:21 AM
All the LM series rackets have been reduced in price dramatically. I like the LM rackets and you can buy two LMs for less than one FP or Metallix will cost. If money is a factor, try demoing any of the LMs.