PDA

View Full Version : Nike, what have you done: Air Zoom Revives

Thud and blunder
05-03-2007, 03:34 AM
So, I gave up on Nike shoes sometime in the '90s. Got burned too many times.
However, after a recent shoe crisis, where nothing seemed quite right, I tried out a pair of Air Zoom Revives, challenge my prejudices and all that. Felt pretty good in the shop - heavy shoe, but didn't really feel its weight.

After playing with them a couple of times, I can categorically state that these are the worst tennis shoes I've ever come across. They're so bad its almost comical.

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways:

1) Outsole durability is terrible; already wearing through them, rinky-dink toe guard thingy already completely chewed up, and I'm now hard at work burning a hole in the outsole...and this is on indoor, not hard courts, mind.

2) truly incredible that such a flimsy shoe can be so heavy, one of the heaviest shoes on the mkt, in fact.

3) the outsole feels loose; not that one feels its going to come off or anything, but enough to make one aware of it. Relatedly, shoes make funny noise when you walk / run.

4) oh, and they're damn expensive on top of all that.

Yeah, I know, I should have bought the Air Zoom Blah Blahs instead, they're great etc, but I say **** it; any company that can produce such a comedy shoe forfeits my trust and my cash.

It seems that for some companies, image really is everything...

kreative
05-03-2007, 03:38 AM
the concept was interesting, just poorly executed...nike has done similar things in the past w/ interchangeable color straps, supports, etc.