PDA

View Full Version : For PK users.....

ericwong
05-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Has anyone here compare PK Type C series( Rod Laver Edition, silver in color ) with PK Redondo series?

What are the similarities and differences?

anirut
05-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi Eric!

Here's an account by skraggle:

To set things up, I'm not that good of a player, much as I hate to admit it. I'm coming off a 29 year layoff after being a regionally ranked junior, and things are slow to return and much of it probably never will. Based on my league play, I'm a solid 4.0, which is just good enough to get my *** kicked by a talented player. The biggest failing in my game is my timing.

This became very important when hitting with the Redondo.

I have a CRAPLOAD of racquets, but one of my favorites has been the Heritage Type C (have both 93 and 98 versions). For some reason, I'm able to crush serves with it, and handle volleys with ease. Groundstokes aren't quite as successful, but that's hardly the racquet's fault. Still, I can get it around pretty well, and catch the ball at the right spot most of the time.

Not the case with the Redondo. When I caught it right, it was really, really nice. Definitely one of those rewarding "catch and release" racquets. If your timing is really good, you're rewarded with something special. Mine isn't and so I struggled with it big time. It's now off to a new home with Lafayette, where it will no doubt be used to it's true potential.

To sum it up, this seems like a killer racquet in more capable hands.

Another one by skraggle:

Well, oddly enough, the Redondo did feel stiffer/harsher than the Heritage for me. Again, I think this has a lot to do with my poor timing, but overall, I really prefer the Heritage C. The plush hits with the Redondo were few and far between, while the Heritage was consistently nicer feeling and had more power.

Hope it helps.

frekcles
05-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Has anyone here compare PK Type C series( Rod Laver Edition, silver in color ) with PK Redondo series?

What are the similarities and differences?

I have both. Though I have yet to play with the Redondo I tried the Laver last night and I have to say it's a very good racquet. Groundstrokes are smooth and mishits are not jarring. Serves have plenty of pace. Last night I was playing around trying to do spin serves and although the pace is lacking the spin is there. I've never done spin serves with other racquets before. I tried but it's the first time I've been successful with the Laver. It could all just be mental so take it with a grain of salt.

The only thing that I had trouble was with volleys. Again technique comes into play here but my volleys were not good with the Laver. Must work on this!

All in all it's a nice playing racquet. No pain in the arm or wrist. A little bit sore on the shoulder but after three sets it could be from that.

I'll update this post again after stringing up the Redondo and playing with it.