PDA

View Full Version : Tennis?? Channel

jaap deboeck
05-03-2007, 03:46 AM
While watching TV recently, I was itching to switch to The Tennis Channel to catch a match from one of the four pro tournaments going on yet not otherwise covered. The catch is that I was ALREADY tuned to the so-called Tennis Channel! The problem was it was showing some 20 and 10 year-old matches when not repeating some lame show...for the 100th time. Don't they can Bragging Rrights #2 or an inteview with an IMG player etc. after 200 repeats?

Canít they get a feed from one of the many tourneys going on and have someone comment on one (1) match from a studio in Florida? If not, what is the point of the station during the season?

Meanwhile, Petrova is upset by Santangelo at the J&S Cup (clay) etc. Maybe no one brings a camera to cover these events even in the host countries?! Yet I see that they are televising and repeating many times a college match between Baylor (stocked with German-Texans?) and Stanford. But not the ATP or WTA!

Fedexeon
05-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Please, TTC is still new and they don't have the rights to broadcast every tournament. Give them more time.

Setmatch45
05-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I agree more time may be needed but some things they should get. Once a tournament is over they no how long it takes to replay but they still don't get it correct. The bragging rights commercial say it is on at 7:30 and it is'nt. I think bragging rights is a great concept but they need to do more of them - they show the same two all the time. I understand that they put a ton of dollars into the french but why do they show old french matches atleast 12 of 24 hours.

I like the tennis channel but I think that a better job is easily done.

Carl

Serve 'em hard
05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Those of us without the tennis channel have little sympathy for those lucky enough to have it but complain about its content...

brayman9
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
i only pay $8 a month so i think it is pretty good

drakulie
05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Those of us without the tennis channel have little sympathy for those lucky enough to have it but complain about its content...

I have it and believe me>>>> I STRONGLY APPRECIATE HAVING IT. YES, EVEN THE REPEATS.

To the OP. Give them time. They are new, and every 6 months or so they expand and have more coverage. Not only of matches>>> but all things tennis.

Remember, before the Tennis Channel all we had was NOTHING!