PDA

View Full Version : Power angle

bob b
05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I just demoed one and liked it so much I bought one. Anyone else using it?
Bob

spinny
05-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I love Power Angle 98/K and have played some of the best tennis of my life with it.I am on a search for the HG and have gone through many a stick, but it is possible that I may come back to the PA. Its control is superb and it is the most maneuverable of all the players rackets that I have tried. I love the handle shape also. Spin is easier than any dense stringbed racket because all the strings get good bite on the ball, not just the mains. The swingweight is low and thats why I got away from it,but if my last two purchases dont pan out Ill try some lead in the proper places. Enjoy!

Anton
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Played with it - there doesn't seem to be enough mass behind this racket for me, and it flexes way too much imo, with a very cheap impact feeling.

But I would highly recommend it for those that don't have the full swing, but like to put spin on the ball or those that simply do not have the strengh for heavier headlight rackets.

Btw the string bed does nothing for the spin, it's all in the racket head speed.

volusiano
05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I just demoed one and liked it so much I bought one. Anyone else using it?
Bob

Which one did you buy, Bob?

I started using the 98K for TE reasons and liked it a lot. Now I'm using other rackets, not because I don't like the 98K anymore, but because I want a heavier swing weight. But sometimes, when I feel tired early in a session, I'd switch back to the 98K and find it very nicely manageable.

My daughter used to use the 102 but now she's switching over to my 98K. It took her some time to adjust but she's playing OK with it now.

abrahavt
05-04-2007, 04:11 AM
I have the 98K and love it. Headlight with almost the entire racket being a sweetspot. Great control but low in power so you need a good swing. Wanted to buy a replacement in 4 3/8 but TW doesnt carry it anymore and said they wont be getting any in the future. Wonder if the current model is being replaced or if the company is shutting down.