PDA

View Full Version : Running?

hasema
05-03-2007, 08:49 AM
When you guys are running sideline to sideline, are you running heel to toe or just on your balls of your feet. And if you aren't running, are you just side stepping on the balls of your feet.

I think I am pretty much flat footed and this is creating too much impact on my feet. They usually hurt after a few hours of play.

kevhen
05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Add some cushion inserts into your shoes and try to get up on your toes more (weight forward with pressure on inside of each big toe).

Voltron
05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
If I'm not running, I'm on the balls of my feet, it provides better reactions. Also, split-stepping helps. I run heel to toe though.

shindemac
05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
You should be on the balls of your feet. You should sidestep to move, except when you have to run to get a ball. Starting from the center hash, you should be able to get to the alley by sidestepping. It should only take 2 to 3 big steps. If it's anymore, then you're inefficient.

A few hours of play is a lot of playing time. Anyone is bound to get sore. I suspect you're still young, so enjoy it while you can. Your body is still "fresh" and can repair itself more quickly.