PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a strings setup for a Volkl C 10Pro

timeout
05-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi everybody!

Does anybody know how to compare a PK 5G with a Volkl C10Pro in terms of power and spin generation?

I just bougth a used C10 with no strings and I'm wondering what setup would give me least surprises.

My PK 5G is leaded up to 343 gr and Sw=322 so the specs are quite similar but the frames have different size ( 100/98) and different string layout (16x20/16x19).

This would suggest at least one pound less on the strings to compensate for the lower frame stiffness but I dont trust much figures on the paper.

Well I know it 's just a matter of the first setup but any idea or experience to share?

louis netman
05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi everybody!

Does anybody know how to compare a PK 5G with a Volkl C10Pro in terms of power and spin generation?

I just bougth a used C10 with no strings and I'm wondering what setup would give me least surprises.

My PK 5G is leaded up to 343 gr and Sw=322 so the specs are quite similar but the frames have different size ( 100/98) and different string layout (16x20/16x19).

This would suggest at least one pound less on the strings to compensate for the lower frame stiffness but I dont trust much figures on the paper.

Well I know it 's just a matter of the first setup but any idea or experience to share?

I like c10 with 17g klip legend/mono synth hybrid at mid. Had the same setup on a 5g a few years back.

Try the same tension cause the 98" to 100" with the extra cross is a wash. Another wash is the sand in the stiffer PK lowers the power some...

mctennis
05-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I use either a full gut set up or a hybrid gut mains and a TiMO cross.

NoBadMojo
05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
One of the beauties of the C10 is that it performs really well for people with a broad range of strings and tensions..

Suggest you start out with your normal string and tension as that way you will have a good handle on what the frame is doing compared to your other frame..the good general rule is to change only one variable at a time..this time it's the frame..keep your string and tension the same and closely watch what happens....

ericsson
05-03-2007, 10:58 PM
but i wouldnt recommend very low tensions, the frame is very flexible (especially the old ones) so you have to compensate that with stringing in the higher range, then it's a beauty...

jonolau
05-03-2007, 11:07 PM
One of the beauties of the C10 is that it performs really well for people with a broad range of strings and tensions..

Suggest you start out with your normal string and tension as that way you will have a good handle on what the frame is doing compared to your other frame..the good general rule is to change only one variable at a time..this time it's the frame..keep your string and tension the same and closely watch what happens....

Totally agree.

I've strung my C10 Pro with kevlar hybrids, full kevlar, full poly, poly hyrbids, full syn gut, full multis. I've used full kevlar the longest (for about 7 years). But my favourite setup is still poly hybrids. It gives the best of both worlds in terms of stiffness and comfort, but the biggest attraction is that there is little or no string movement! This is my biggest irk about strings.

Ed Lee
05-04-2007, 03:58 AM
I have used both (older version of 5g) racquets. Leading each racquet up resulting in a weight of 12.5 oz. and 5pts HL, and using the same string for each racquet set up at mid tension for each frame, I feel that the C10 is more powerful. I recall that groundstrokes tend to be 2-3 feet deeper with the C10. I honestly don't recall if there was a significant difference in spin since it's been about a year since I've used the 5G. However, the difference in power really stood out in my opinion. After experimenting with various tensions, my current string setup with the C10 is Babolat VS-17 @54lbs.

timeout
05-04-2007, 04:32 AM
OK, thanks to everybody, I will have the C10 restringed with the same setup of my PK5g , Tecnifibre polyspin 17 @ 54 on the mains and Head Fibergel at 52 on the crosses, and let's see what happens.